General Boards > Off Topic

Chainsaws.

<< < (3/7) > >>

VALKIE:

--- Quote from: WAI4WD on Aug 30, 2021, 10:21:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: VALKIE on Aug 29, 2021, 05:06:53 PM ---Im looking at a chainsaw for home and for when i go camping/ 4 wheel driving.

--- End quote ---
Exact same position as you, and my decision was: I'm staying with my recip saw with a 12" blade which does 99% of everything I need to cut. I bought an AX for anything larger. Simple, cheap, effective, easy to sharpen vs a chainsaw for those 1% moments. An AX additionally will go through any thickness, so then I don't come across a time where a tiny chainsaw is no longer good enough for those 0.001% of times.

--- End quote ---

I had a good axe, but the bloody thing broke chopping down the tree i had.
Mind, the axe was over 20 years old.
I was into the second cut when the handle just cracked and the head nearly came off.

It was hard work too.
My bursitis in my shoulder was sore for days after just those few cuts.
The reciprocating saw was doing the job, but tge vibrations sent my hand numb.

I figure a small chainsaw might better fit this old body better than axes and hand saws, definitely better than the reciprocating saw, thats for sure.

xcvator:
I've got an Ego with 2 batteries (54volt)  Not cheap,but bloody good saw.With a sharp blade and a fully charged battery I have cut up half a dozen very old red gum fence posts with ease . For camping I can fill the back of the mux very quickly generally on 1 battery, battery recharges from the inverter in about a 20 minute drive. I call it my national park saw since you can't hear it from 20 or 30 meters away. Just remember to carry bar oil and a sharpening file .

Bob:
Over the past 2-3 years I have been collecting a variety of cordless tools. I started with -
Ozito PXC 18V Drill Driver Kit at $99.00
Ozito PXC 18V Blower Kit at $99.00
Ozito PXC 18V Reciprocating Saw - Skin Only at $49.98
Ozito PXC 18V Hedge Trimmer - Skin Only at $89.00
I find the 2 batteries is ample for everything I need to do.

I was so impressed with the drill so did not hesitate going with the Ozito.

I haven't got a chainsaw and doubt i will get one but it is the Ozito PXC 250mm 18V Chainsaw Kit at $199.00 which Includes 18V 4.0Ah Battery and the 18V Fast Charger so this would give me three batteries

jazzeddie1234:
I agree the ozito 250mm chainsaw is awesome - especially with a huge warranty.  It is compact enough to fit behind the driver seat so I can pick up firewood on the way to a camp site.  It could cut a  10" limb but it will take a while as it trips the battery with moderate cutting pressure so you have to take it easy.  I keep the chain very sharp with a stihl file guide

Gav62:
I just bought a MS170 stihl goes great. $250. no battery to go flat..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version