General Boards > Off Topic

Chainsaws.

(1/7) > >>

VALKIE:
This may be off topic and even in the wrong area.

Im looking at a chainsaw for home and for when i go camping/ 4 wheel driving.

Further information
I dont do any serious 4x4 driving and probably never will.
My camping is reasonably basic, so any firewood will be smallish stuff
My property is also small with only a few light trees.
Never used a chainsaw in my life, but as a competent tradesman with virtually every type and size power tool, i am reasonably comfortable with using one.

Up until recently my reciprocating saw has sufficed, but a larger tree the other day (10 inches across) put tge reciprocating saw through hell and flattened the batteries twice.

Im not keen on petrol chainsaws, as i will be rarely using it and when i carry it it will be in the back of tge MUX.

Been looking at makita, ryobi, ozito and dewalt battery chainsaws.
My son lives on a farm and is no help
He want me to buy a $3000.00 chainsaw because " i might need it".

Anyone have a battery powered chainsaw?
Are they any good?
Suggestions please

JackDriver:
Mate, I  got a cheapie Yard Force 40V battery 12" chainsaw from Mitre 10 when they were on special for a measly $250.

My chainsaw history is very similar to yours but I just love this little toy. It's obviously not for the big timber but for campfires I reckon it'd hard to beat. Easily cuts dry hardwood upto 6 inches or so diameter which is all I want for a campfire. The battery lasts long enough to cut a least 4 days worth of campfire wood and the battery charges up in 2 to 3 hours via its 240VAC charger which is plugged into my inverter as I drive to the next camp. :toothy9:

Gets my vote. :cup:

VALKIE:
The yardforce are about $350 at the moment.

Ive just looked at some reviews of the dewalt.
Might be what im looking at
And bonus is that i already have a few dewalt tools, same battery.

$300.00  for battery, charger and chainsaw.
A possible.

But ill see what reviews yardforce get.

boages:
I have a hikoki (hitachi) chainsaw as I have all the batteries in the world for it being a chippie.

It works fine for small items / 2 trees of decent size that were dead and it doesn't vibrate like a recipro saw.

It also feels like it's pretty safe with the kick back not being overly strong being a small battery chainsaw. If you have battery kits for the dewalt I'd go with that.

yvesjv:
Also lookup stihl chainsaws.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version