Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Read Off-road destination Tips :cup: in Trips Old and Planning!

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Carexpert youtube channel latest Dmax/BT-50 fail  (Read 2581 times)

Offline yvesjv

Carexpert youtube channel latest Dmax/BT-50 fail
« on: Jan 25, 2024, 08:40:45 AM »
Was binge watching the car shows streamed via the google dongle thing during the holidays.
And saw this below... a comparison of the 'best' utes on the market
Me thinks he should have changed tyres on all vehicles to the same brand/model for comparing apples to apples but no evidence of that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6ng66xBRM4

Is that guy trolling the latest DMax?

Offline 257Bob

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
Re: Carexpert youtube channel latest Dmax/BT-50 fail
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2024, 09:10:44 AM »
I would say no he's not trolling.  He seems to be fair with all the vehicles.  The results seem to show what the new Dmax can and can't do.  The traction control and hill descent control software doesn't seem to be doing the job.  Isuzu can build a great engine but maybe their electronic gizmos need some work. 

Damned if I'd want to go down a steep track in Victoria in the auto if that's what happens in the video.  Downright bloody dangerous.  I saw the latest 4WD 24/7 ute comparison and one of the drivers also commented how the gearing in the auto is too high for steep descents. 
Baldrick, your breath comes straight from Satan's bottom.

Offline rajahhindi

« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2024, 10:21:15 AM »
I would say no he's not trolling.  He seems to be fair with all the vehicles.  The results seem to show what the new Dmax can and can't do.  The traction control and hill descent control software doesn't seem to be doing the job.  Isuzu can build a great engine but maybe their electronic gizmos need some work. 

Damned if I'd want to go down a steep track in Victoria in the auto if that's what happens in the video.  Downright bloody dangerous.  I saw the latest 4WD 24/7 ute comparison and one of the drivers also commented how the gearing in the auto is too high for steep descents.
He is an office boy who claims he is an ex project engineer engineer, and is an absolute Ford lapboy! Owns a Raptor and a Tesla and lives in the city. Claims he left engineering because he got tired of suits! I do not know 1 Engineer in my life that wears a suit on the job
Should i say anymore! Has next to zero 4wd experience and imho has next to no knowledge of cars in
general. Just a mouthpiece! I have called him out many times making incorrect statements. The best one was when he claimed how to calculate electrical Power was ohms law! Two entirely different formulae. By the way, i am a 40 years electrician. When i pointed it out he was wrong, he argued with me and sent me a link to exactly proving what i just told him. He also claimed a set of Michelin radial tyres on a car he was testing was semi slick tyres! When i told him they were just a normal performance radial and to be a semi slick tyre, it needs to like a ToyoR888r or a Nitto R tyre, he  claimed the Michelin were "semi slickish". He is obviously a novice car man who is learning on the job, but calling himself a CAREXPERT!  I Do not mind people making mistakes, but don't call yourself an expert when you are clearly not!

Offline rajahhindi

« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2024, 10:24:51 AM »
Was binge watching the car shows streamed via the google dongle thing during the holidays.
And saw this below... a comparison of the 'best' utes on the market
Me thinks he should have changed tyres on all vehicles to the same brand/model for comparing apples to apples but no evidence of that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6ng66xBRM4

Is that guy trolling the latest DMax?
He is an absolute Ford Ranger lover and owner. Lots of people have commented on his utube channel about his bias.

The following users thanked this post: yvesjv

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2024, 03:03:16 PM »
He is an Absolute rooster with a soft touch guage.
He has to be bias otherwise he will not get invited to the auto industry junkets & new model releases.
 :laughing7:

The following users thanked this post: yvesjv, rajahhindi

Offline rajahhindi

« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2024, 05:09:11 PM »
If anyone has any doubts? Just look up his channel on how many Ford Ranger tests he did when the latest model was released about a year ago. Every second vlog was a Ranger or a Ranger v another Car brand ute? Especially when he could pit the V6 Ranger against all other 4cyld brands. Even though they were up to 20 g more expensive!
Then he bought the Ranger Raptor! And he tried to convince everyone  it was the new becoming! Until he blew the diff in it after trying donuts on dry bitumen! Typical Ranger

The following users thanked this post: yvesjv

Offline Munro

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: MUX
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2024, 05:46:24 PM »
Carexpert is best treated as a source of entertainment.  Every comparo with the MUX in it pits the LS-T with its stupid HT-shod 20s against cars with 18"/AT combinations. 

"The MUX didn't cope so well with the balls-out rocky muddy sandy hillclimb..." gee, you reckon?
2022 MU-X LS-U 4x4 - Grey Mica
Pedders GVM+/Airbag Man HP/Provent 200/Fuel Manager/TowPro Elite/SBI12/UH6060/Kings Lethal 9"/HIKE-IT X9/ATI Hard Pipes
2024 OTM Adventure 6.9F

The following users thanked this post: yvesjv, rajahhindi

Offline 257Bob

• XRunner Member
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2024, 09:39:41 AM »
Maybe the bloke is a Ford lover but the footage of the Dmax/BT50 running away on the downhill slope with the HDC engaged was pretty worrying. 

Offline yvesjv

« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2024, 04:21:17 PM »
After reading the comments, went back and had a look at his youtube channel.

Looked for an actual offroad trip that would give him some creds and got sick of scrolling his vids on youtube... a lot of car reviews and a 12 hour bitumen only trip.
I'd guess he makes his money from advertising, partnerships, etc.
This site explains some of it https://sproutsocial.com/insights/how-to-make-money-on-youtube/

I'd gather he's not a 4wd (or car expert) expert but someone trying to make an income.
Until he's done something worthwhile like gunshot creek, the Finke or worse in a modded fourbie, he has no real offroad experience.

The following users thanked this post: rajahhindi

Offline rajahhindi

« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2024, 02:23:27 PM »
Carexpert is best treated as a source of entertainment.  Every comparo with the MUX in it pits the LS-T with its stupid HT-shod 20s against cars with 18"/AT combinations. 

"The MUX didn't cope so well with the balls-out rocky muddy sandy hillclimb..." gee, you reckon?
[/
quote] 
The only Balls he knows is the ones he sniffs. 

Offline rajahhindi

« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2024, 02:31:39 PM »
After reading the comments, went back and had a look at his youtube channel.

Looked for an actual offroad trip that would give him some creds and got sick of scrolling his vids on youtube... a lot of car reviews and a 12 hour bitumen only trip.
I'd guess he makes his money from advertising, partnerships, etc.
This site explains some of it https://sproutsocial.com/insights/how-to-make-money-on-youtube/

I'd gather he's not a 4wd (or car expert) expert but someone trying to make an income.
Until he's done something worthwhile like gunshot creek, the Finke or worse in a modded fourbie, he has no real offroad experience.
The only 4wd experience he has is backing out his Tesla over the gutter and parking it on wet grass! That BS course he runs for so called tests is a joke! He thinks the electronics should control everything in the car. So him and his desk jockey mates can just hold on to the steering wheel and climb Mt Everest! i am far from a 4wd expert. But, the first thing i do is, especially in muddy conditions, is turn off that stupid traction control. And thats in a Toyota Hilux. I do own a 2022 X Terrain

The following users thanked this post: monbeg, yvesjv

Offline 257Bob

• XRunner Member
« Reply #11 on: Jan 29, 2024, 08:52:56 AM »
So you guys would all be happy to go down Billy Goats Bluff relying on the hill descent control to hold the vehicle back? 

I wouldn't.

Offline Munro

• LS-T Member
« Reply #12 on: Jan 29, 2024, 10:00:00 AM »
So you guys would all be happy to go down Billy Goats Bluff relying on the hill descent control to hold the vehicle back? 

I wouldn't.

I don't think I'd be happy doing that in any car, but that's just me.  I didn't read every word of the HDC blurb in the manual, but there looks to be a couple of ins and outs.  I'd be interested to see how the same slope would be handled with a foot covering the brake and TC on.
2022 MU-X LS-U 4x4 - Grey Mica
Pedders GVM+/Airbag Man HP/Provent 200/Fuel Manager/TowPro Elite/SBI12/UH6060/Kings Lethal 9"/HIKE-IT X9/ATI Hard Pipes
2024 OTM Adventure 6.9F

Offline wj957

« Reply #13 on: Jan 29, 2024, 11:12:40 AM »
I stopped watching that clown after he discounted every climate change skeptic as a loony tune.
He's not a scientist either, just another bull shizzer, who believes other bull shizzer's.

I've been waiting for the sea level to rise for the last 20 years, but Bondi Beach is still in Bondi, not Penrith.

Offline dilbert

• LS-U Member
« Reply #14 on: Jan 29, 2024, 11:41:46 AM »

I've been waiting for the sea level to rise for the last 20 years, but Bondi Beach is still in Bondi, not Penrith.

Ha ha!! That reminds me of a Graeme Connors classic, A Beach House in the Blue Mountains:

...Gonna build a lighthouse on the Three Sisters to welcome all the refugees
Up there in my beach house in the Blue Mountains, stay as long as you please...

Come on down Al (Gore) - haven't heard from him for a while - outshouted by Greta.

https://youtu.be/qwGdICfOqF4?feature=shared

Funny as hell.
2015 MU-X LS-T 4WD 5-speed auto, silky white pearl

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal