Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: OzIsuzu Forums... your friendly :hello: place to chat about all things Isuzu.

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Insurance renewal  (Read 2022 times)

Offline ajm

Insurance renewal
« on: Jun 14, 2023, 09:38:58 AM »
Got my renewal offer yesterday. Premium has shot up 50%. Who are people insuring with for their dmax? Mine is MY14, bog standard. In south East Queensland.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

Offline maweida

Re: Insurance renewal
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2023, 10:38:57 AM »
try shopping around, i just swap between AAMI and NRMA. If you are loyal they jack up the price.

Online Ian G

• LS-U Member
  • Car Type: MUX
« Reply #2 on: Jun 14, 2023, 10:47:01 AM »
I pay $1328 for my 2017 MUX includes windscreen and hire car, it's been going up but not that much, but I assume market value going down !!

Offline OldMucks

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: MUX
« Reply #3 on: Jun 14, 2023, 12:10:00 PM »
Got mine a week ago ,it also went up about 50% - best quotes i got were from Allianz AAMI APIA but the best was from Aust.Post it was only about 20% more.

Offline MotoBreno

• LS-U Member
  • MY23 MU-X LS-T 4WD
« Reply #4 on: Jun 14, 2023, 12:35:32 PM »
A long time ago, insurance was defined to me as: "make a bet that something will happen, and then happily do everything within in your personal finances, resources, powers and actions, to lose the bet that you chose to make" - The industry is a rort. Here's a suggestion worth running up the pole: for vehicles, how about insuring the individual, not static assets. TPP for vehicles, Personal Auto/Moto Liability for individuals. Otherwise, it's a money-grab, double, triple, quadruple dipping into our pockets. 
 :BangHead:

Vehicle age sets premiums too. You may find better results with a 'specalist insurer' like club4x4 or shannons, (no afilliations, i'm sure there are others) 

Here's a direct quote from one of my insurance providers "vehicle age is an issue for insurers because older vehicles are too difficult to fully and correctly repair and warranting those repairs is problematic"

So absurd is a personal example: Fully protected, zero claim 'bonus' rating etc...etc... yet it is cheaper for me to comprehensively insure a late model $38K 192 HP, road registerable sports bike than a 20yr old low km bog stock Hyundai Accent that does 3000km /yr.  In the same breath, they happily offered $180/yr for TPP only.
 :BangHead:

Offline manchu

« Reply #5 on: Jun 14, 2023, 01:22:02 PM »
I switch to RACV for my 2017 MUX after AAMI jacked my premium up while also reducing the ensured value to something I'd never be able to replace it for.   

Offline ajm

« Reply #6 on: Jun 14, 2023, 02:28:22 PM »
Thanks all. I hate shopping around. Just redone home insurance and wife's car. Oh well, here goes...

Offline manchu

« Reply #7 on: Jun 14, 2023, 04:54:42 PM »
I hate shopping around.

me too,  but what I hate more is being taken advantage of by an insurer because of laziness (aka loyality),  and their lack of appetite for keeping a customer.     

I'd been with AAMI for ~10yrs (home, contents and cars)  and claim free  but when premiums went up and I asked for a discount all I got offered was to increase the excess. 

Offline Gav62

• LS-M Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
  • MY18 LSM Crew Cab
« Reply #8 on: Jun 14, 2023, 05:36:41 PM »
Allianze for my insurance. Worth a look.

Offline Bob

• XRunner Member
  • 2014 LST Auto
« Reply #9 on: Jun 14, 2023, 06:50:15 PM »
I have been using an Insurance Broker called Insurance House for both the D-Max and the caravan and have been using then since 2005 when we got our first caravan. They shop around and find the best price for both items and usually it is cheaper than last year, the car is with QBE but if making a claim, I do it via the broker.

My wife has hers with Woolworths and we get 10% off one shop per month so usually use that shop for a larger shop or even my beer 🍺
2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.

Offline ajm

« Reply #10 on: Jun 14, 2023, 10:01:54 PM »
I have been using an Insurance Broker called Insurance House for both the D-Max and the caravan and have been using then since 2005 when we got our first caravan. They shop around and find the best price for both items and usually it is cheaper than last year, the car is with QBE but if making a claim, I do it via the broker.

My wife has hers with Woolworths and we get 10% off one shop per month so usually use that shop for a larger shop or even my beer
Will check out your broker. Cheers.

Offline wj957

« Reply #11 on: Jun 15, 2023, 04:00:14 PM »
I use an insurance broker and my premiums just went up 27.5%

Offline newdmax41

• SX Member
« Reply #12 on: Jun 15, 2023, 04:06:10 PM »
In my opinion getting the cheapest insurance possible is the way to go .
I've used my comprehensive twice in 40 years , so all said and done , turns out a waste of money .
But better safe and all that.
I use compare the market every year to find the best/cheapest deal , then ring and say i can get it 300 cheaper from xyz  , if they fall for it all good ,if not i go with the best price.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal