Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: OzIsuzu Forums... your friendly :hello: place to chat about all things Isuzu.

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Worst hotspots for roadkill 2020  (Read 3551 times)

Offline mewgaf

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: MUX
  • If I wake up, it’s a good day.
    • Prostate Trek Inc.
Worst hotspots for roadkill 2020
« on: Apr 30, 2023, 01:12:31 AM »
Hi All
I came across this again and thought I might share it with the group.

https://www.tuffaustralia.com.au/worst-hotspots-for-roadkill-in-australia-revealed/

Cheers
Have you had a PSA blood test lately.
This could save your life.
Prostate Cancer is no joke.
https://prostatetrek.org.au

Offline voids

Re: Worst hotspots for roadkill 2020
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 10:43:54 AM »
I live in Qld and drive past Middlemount every week. The website says its a hot spot but its nothing compared to what it was 20 years ago.   Roo populations have defenetly  decreased
2015 Black MUX LS-T
2017 kia Cerato
1996 Ford LTD
2018 Suzuki DR-650

Offline ranmar850

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2023, 11:35:07 AM »
They misspelt Baldivis :-) Not Baldavis. This is a southern suburb of Perth. Everyone worries about the wildlife on the roads when you hit the big northwest, and yet, our worst places are down in the southwest. Massive mobs of greys getting fat and breeding. I live surrounded by national park at the north end of the midwest, and our biggest risk area is right in town, big mobs of greys, coming in to feed on lawns and the oval.

Offline Bob

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
  • 2014 LST Auto
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2023, 11:53:10 AM »
If I remember rightly, there was a horse killed on the freeway a year or so ago but that does not make it the worst spot.
2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.

Offline guyfromaus

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2023, 03:40:42 PM »
Most kangaroos I have seen was Cunnamulla
Emus  Glendambo  (One less now -they do make a considerable noise when hitting the bull bar).
Also a few camels near Glendambo.

Offline mewgaf

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: MUX
  • If I wake up, it’s a good day.
    • Prostate Trek Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2023, 12:45:23 AM »
Emu’s I have been told are one of the dummest animals out their, I have been told of a number of them running into to side of vehicles while there where driving down roads.
Have you had a PSA blood test lately.
This could save your life.
Prostate Cancer is no joke.
https://prostatetrek.org.au

Offline rockfall

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2023, 03:34:02 PM »
Emu’s I have been told are one of the dummest animals out their, I have been told of a number of them running into to side of vehicles while there where driving down roads.

Yes! Happened to me in a small Honda about 15 years ago in the Flinders ranges. I was driving on a dirt track, encountered a gaggle of them and slowed right down. One of them was silly enough to run into me and damage the door. It ran away and seemed OK. For some reason I had expected them to be smart enough to avoid a collision.

Offline CirLott

« Reply #7 on: Sep 05, 2023, 08:11:28 PM »
Hi All
I came across this again and thought I might share it with the group.

https://www.tuffaustralia.com.au/worst-hotspots-for-roadkill-in-australia-revealed-rival

Cheers

Has there been an increase in the number of roadkill as this news story says? August is already over. They wrote that a 15% increase was expected.

Offline CirLott

« Reply #8 on: Sep 05, 2023, 08:12:44 PM »
They misspelt Baldivis :-) Not Baldavis. This is a southern suburb of Perth. Everyone worries about the wildlife on the roads when you hit the big northwest, and yet, our worst places are down in the southwest. Massive mobs of greys getting fat and breeding. I live surrounded by national park at the north end of the midwest, and our biggest risk area is right in town, big mobs of greys, coming in to feed on lawns and the oval.

Wow, it's like you live in a zoo :laughing7:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal