Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: OzIsuzu Forums... your friendly :hello: place to chat about all things Isuzu.

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: RYOBI 23 LITRE car fridge/freezer  (Read 3724 times)

Offline guyfromaus

RYOBI 23 LITRE car fridge/freezer
« on: Apr 03, 2023, 12:10:57 PM »
Has anyone purchased the Ryobi fridge? Bunnings sell them (along with pet stuff).
It will run 12/24/240 volt and also on your 18volt power tool battery-very handy for those with Ryobi gear?

Offline manchu

Re: RYOBI 23 LITRE car fridge/freezer
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2023, 02:45:55 PM »
kind of cool.       Looks very large for 23L capacity though and  expensive at $600,   but it does come with 2 x 4Ah batteries and a charger. 

I wonder if the batteries charge inside the fridge??   it'd suck if they don't.      The charger you get is 240V only  I think,  so you couldn't even use it to charge up batteries in the car. 

I don't think I'd be a buyer,  even if I had ryobi batteries,   because I think there's better options.   

I've used my jump start pack to power my fridge for a few hours.   works really well,   but isn't a neat self contained  solution.     It's 2 things I already have tough so good enough for the rare times I need a fridge  on battery

If buying a fridge specifically with the intent of using on battery then I'd get one from reputable fridge manufacturers that have a battery option.   They're quite common now and the batteries would be better integrated so take up less space,  and they should charge when fridge is connected to 12V.   

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal