Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Our OzIsuzu Forums Merchandise  help keep our forum going! :icon_thumleft:

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Well... 4x4 Show  (Read 3290 times)

Offline WAI4WD

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
    • Wife & I 4WD
Well... 4x4 Show
« on: Aug 19, 2022, 02:46:20 PM »
Went to the Melbourne 4x4 show today... it was underwhelming. Watching Graham and Shauno on the stage, underwhelming. There was an entire pavilion just for fishing and boats. WTF?

The proving ground was this up and back strip of nothing remotely challenging. The kids area had two small rides in the entire oval. There were empty stalls.

The favourites were all there, and two pavilions were decent to walk around and check stuff out. The rest of the show was IMO, underwhelming.

Prices were sky high vs normally you get great bargains at shows.

The only good part was getting into the product experts to finalise my decisions for next years parts. Some got dumped for others, some got confirmed and my questions answered or solved once I had hands on with parts. That was the best part.

Even the campers lacked diversity. Not many camper options to look through.

Just my two cents. I was really excited about the 4x4 show. I would say, save your money.
X-Terrain 2021 with a long list of to-do's.

Offline Aaron S

• LS-U Member
Re: Well... 4x4 Show
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 2022, 04:20:15 PM »
I went to the Sydney boat show the other week, I have to say, it was the same, mediocre at best.

Offline WAI4WD

• XRunner Member
    • Wife & I 4WD
« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2022, 04:26:49 PM »
I enjoyed the caravanning and camping show earlier in the year more than the 4x4 show.
X-Terrain 2021 with a long list of to-do's.

Offline Munro

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: MUX
« Reply #3 on: Aug 19, 2022, 07:31:24 PM »
"Underwhelming" must be a recurring theme this year, no matter where you are.  Local expo last month was nothing to write home about... by far the most beneficial to me were the local vehicle-weighing businesses and police stall with a particular focus on towing safety and compliance.

Other than that, it was the usual smattering of camper and caravan exhibitors, small-timers with some mildly interesting merchandise, 4x4 stalls displaying all the tacky and heavy tinsel you need to ruin your car, and a few purveyors of alarmingly cheap lithium batteries.

Oh, and I had to be dragged away from the roasted macadamia guy.
2022 MU-X LS-U 4x4 - Grey Mica
Pedders GVM+/Airbag Man HP/Provent 200/Fuel Manager/TowPro Elite/SBI12/UH6060/Kings Lethal 9"/HIKE-IT X9/ATI Hard Pipes
2024 OTM Adventure 6.9F

The following users thanked this post: WAI4WD

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal