General Boards > Off Topic

Chainsaws.

<< < (6/7) > >>

monbeg:
I bought one of these from the big green toy shop.

I already had a battery and charger so just had to add the chain oil.

Seems ok for the price and for chopping some camping firewood.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-one-18v-cordless-chainsaw-skin-only_p3380992

veekay:
Plus 1 for the Ryobi One+.
I already had a bunch of the green tools and batteries so it made sense.
I do have a light petrol Echo saw and a larger Husqvarna, but the electric ones are getting pretty good, leave no fuel smells in the car, and don't advertise your wood gathering through the whole valley.

You could also consider a silky saw if it's for occasional use, no battery or fuel needs!

-Dave.

xcvator:

--- Quote from: veekay on Sep 01, 2021, 07:26:57 PM ---Plus 1 for the Ryobi One+.
I already had a bunch of the green tools and batteries so it made sense.
I do have a light petrol Echo saw and a larger Husqvarna, but the electric ones are getting pretty good, leave no fuel smells in the car, and don't advertise your wood gathering through the whole valley.

You could also consider a silky saw if it's for occasional use, no battery or fuel needs!

-Dave.

--- End quote ---

Just had a look at them but couldn't see a key hole or on/off switch   :dontknow:

wj957:
Look harder, the "ON" switch is right next to the elbow grease.

yvesjv:
Went with the petrol variant due to cyclone seasons.
Last time a cyclone hit and we had to clean up the aftermath, all petrol chainsaws in and around Darwin were sold out and Bunnings had electric ones left.
They don't help much when power lines are down.  :evil6:

From the input in this thread, appears battery chainsaws are worth it as long as source of power is available ( inc solar?) and a spare is always charged.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version