General Boards > Off Topic

Is Vic going into another lockdown?

<< < (21/22) > >>

WAI4WD:
I think political discussion is a recipe for disaster. But thats me.

wj957:
I'VE SEEN TOO MANY GOOD FORUMS DESTROYED BY PEOPLE GETTING POLITICAL

THIS HERE IS AN ISUZU FORUM

Three things you don't discuss in public son, sex politics and religion.

If you wanna have a spray, go join some tree huggin greeny / uni student protest and K-OFF!

mux339:

--- Quote from: yvesjv on Sep 02, 2021, 07:35:13 AM ---Received this youtube joke and this is funny.
Good luck to the people of NSW  :evil6:
EDITED:
Removed link to potentially harmful material.

--- End quote ---

Now that I've done my dinner duty, I have a chance to sit down and justify myself...not that I want to, but I feel compelled.

This forum has been set up to be family friendly, a status that you all signed up to on joining. I understand that some of you find the concocted video terribly funny. Others may not, and may have some concerns about its appearance on this forum. My concern about Yves's post is that it can be viewed and clicked on by family members, daughters, granddaughters, nieces, nephews etc with unintended consequences. Just think for a moment what a 13-year old impressionable, inquisitive young lady may feel when she sees Gladys threatening to blow her face off. Are you OK with that?

You'll probably retort that same girl can see same video in her daily trawl of social media on her own tablet or smartphone. Yes, but on this forum we have a collective duty of care to all of our family members to not proliferate potentially harmful material.

Remember, 13-year old girls don't necessarily have the same sense of humour that you blokes do. I ask you to sit down and watch it again with an open mind (forget the artistry for a moment), and focus on what is being said, and then imagine yourself with a 13-year old daughter, niece, grandchild sitting on your knee.

It's a defamatory, derogatory, destructive video, purposefully designed to include threatening language that Gladys never intended...certainly not for consumption by 13-year olds.

If you want a mature, blokey forum where jokes that come close to the bone are tolerated, then I think you have the wrong forum. Just have a think before you post gents.

Thanks for reading this far.

Russ

Seshman:
Last response in regards to politics, even though it was brought up in a thread talking about political matters, perhaps if you dont like reading about them... don't?
The people who live in Melbourne can understand the frustration for those of us living in Sydney, its not a very nice thing to be experiencing and it grates on the nerves after a while and you just get sick of seeing the over payed mouths move and nothing changes.

@wj957 - I'm a hunter and a tradie who's never been to University, does that mean I can't have an opinion? I'd classify myself as closer to a libertarian, not a lefty fyi.
You know what they say about assuming.

I don't have any social media accounts and I don't watch the news channels. I like to be informed by doing my own research on matters that interest me, which requires more work but it gives you more context and a better insight on the subject matter. Technology is rapidly more integrated and ingrained in our society and becoming the norm as opposed to occasional and we're all accepting of it because of the ease of use it brings. My personal data is something that I'd like to keep personal, how you use yours is upto you but I'd much prefer to be in control of it and limit who see's what.

In regards to the video, I'll admit I didn't think of it in that context Russ, but its a valid point. I can admit ignorance to if there was a minimum age requirement on signup, or a warning for mature content? Either way I did sign up to a forum that was family orientated and i'll try to keep my content in line with that. That said, I like to laugh too, perhaps we need a mature area to post things that don't break the rules but are some what age sensitive?

Maybe i'm just angry because all the upgrades for the Dmax I bought keep getting delayed and the shop is just not keeping me appraised or doing their job properly, this dribs and drabs installing is very frustrating!

Anyway, hope you all are keeping well and these lockdowns end soon.

Rant over,
Simon

Aaron S:

--- Quote from: Seshman on Sep 03, 2021, 08:40:13 AM ---
Maybe i'm just angry because all the upgrades for the Dmax I bought keep getting delayed and the shop is just not keeping me appraised or doing their job properly, this dribs and drabs installing is very frustrating!

--- End quote ---

This ^^^^^^ is doin my head in, don’t tell me that I will see X product this date, then every week after I chase up the company, I get told, next week.

I understand a week or two, but I am waiting on product that is heading into three months.
Straight up tell a customer what the delivery date is, if it changes, email or ring and give an update.

:occasion14:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version