General Boards > Off Topic

All-electric utes on the radar for tradies

<< < (2/11) > >>

watsea:
[quote

Al you need to do is tow a trailer with a diesel generator on the back running at full tilt all the time running the electric motors.

[/quote]

Sounds just like a diesel electric train locomotive, except they are normally put those in front of their tow loads :laughing7:

Bob:
So lets see, I will tow the van and my wife can be in her car towing a trailer with the genny on the back. All I need now is a long extension lead or maybe I should work on the idea of transmitting the charging power via UHF.:dontknow: :laughing4:

maxs ss:

--- Quote from: ajm on May 26, 2020, 09:34:55 AM ---Check out Rivian. They are planning to land in Australia with right hand drive this year, according to US articles.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

For what I have read the Rivian will have a starting price of $100,000. Not in many people's budget.
In one story a few responders said they would buy. Reality says when the time come they won't.
Talk is cheap.

ajm:

--- Quote from: maxs ss on May 26, 2020, 04:48:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: ajm on May 26, 2020, 09:34:55 AM ---Check out Rivian. They are planning to land in Australia with right hand drive this year, according to US articles.

--- End quote ---

For what I have read the Rivian will have a starting price of $100,000. Not in many people's budget.
In one story a few responders said they would buy. Reality says when the time come they won't.
Talk is cheap.

--- End quote ---
At that price, I'll get two.

Not.

Ray68:
Charge station powered by a generator.

https://thedriven.io/2018/12/14/diesel-charge-evs-remote-locations-greener-than-you-think/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version