General Boards > OzIsuzu Forum Bulletin Board

COVID 19

<< < (3/3)

geoffs:
I note that all of the replies so far have been from people who are not so young any more.
You all give your age away because you care about other people.
Having read a fair bit of info on this Pandemic and the virus it is clear to me that anyone, unlike someone we could all name, realise that this is not a flash in the pan thing. It will not be over by easter. Japan and Singapore tried relaxing their lock down and found out the hard way.
This is not a 2 or 3 month thing and probably not even a 6 month thing. We might get lucky and get to spend Xmas with our families.
As a retiree my only real problems are the rate at which my Pension fund is disappearing and where to find more books to read. One of my children is okay so far as she and her husband are still working. My son on the other hand is on a round Oz trip with his wife and son in a Landrover and Cub camper. They are now stuck near Busselton, not sure whether to risk trying to go north as planned or try to last through the cold down south.
I have seen huge ques at Centrelink offices and going anywhere near a shopping centre is like going through a wild west ghost town.
So far there have been lots of negatives with very few positives. It will be a test for us all which hopefully will see us out the other side before I die so I can go on another trip anywhere bar the backyard. :headbang:

sharkcaver:

--- Quote from: geoffs on Apr 15, 2020, 08:09:55 PM ---My son on the other hand is on a round Oz trip with his wife and son in a Landrover and Cub camper. They are now stuck near Busselton, not sure whether to risk trying to go north as planned or try to last through the cold down south.

--- End quote ---

WA is in a regional lockdown. Unless they can either:

1. meet the exemption criteria
2. go north without meeting a roadblock

They are stuck in the South West until the regional lock down is removed. Unlike the WA Govt's recommended "stay at home" mantra, the regional lock down has now been legislated and this is law. Break the law at your own peril. AFAIK, there is no exemption for interstate travelers. The Gov't gave plenty of warning for inter-stater's to leave before both the regions and the borders were closed.

Mind you, I could think of worse places to be stuck in than the south west region.

yvesjv:

--- Quote from: geoffs on Apr 15, 2020, 08:09:55 PM ---Having read a fair bit of info on this Pandemic and the virus it is clear to me that anyone, unlike someone we could all name, realise that this is not a flash in the pan thing. It will not be over by easter. Japan and Singapore tried relaxing their lock down and found out the hard way.

--- End quote ---

And it is not over by a long shot.
I grew up with going with and watching the old chook buying meat at the local wet market. That's pretty much standard in many places around the globe, difference being no strange/wild animals coming in from all over the world.

Many reports of wet markets already back in business in China (not counting Indonesia, Vietnam, Africa, etc) because that has been the norm for millenia.
And until the individual local Governments decide to do something about regulating/banning the strange/wild imports, expect more craziness.

Funny thing is that the 'preppers' I've been laughing at on TV appears to be having the last laugh at the moment.  :dontknow:

JackDriver:

--- Quote from: yvesjv on Apr 16, 2020, 05:42:36 AM ---Funny thing is that the 'preppers' I've been laughing at on TV appears to be having the last laugh at the moment.  :dontknow:

--- End quote ---

Hmmm. I wonder how many preppers would have enough supplies hoarded to last for the entire duration of this pandemic.

RobbittyBob:
One sad thing will happen is that there will be a large number of 4WDs up for sale due to people not being able to afford repayments and even selling vehicles to get some cash for those who may be now unemployed even with stimulus packages, on the other hand those still able may pick up some bargains over the next 6 months, bottom line is 3 words "Comply or Die",so my fellow buddies may you and your families  stay safe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version