Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Read Off-road destination Tips :cup: in Trips Old and Planning!

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: NSW CTP Green slip  (Read 3323 times)

Offline Nomes

• LS-M Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
NSW CTP Green slip
« on: Apr 07, 2016, 07:48:56 AM »
It is almost a year since I purchased my DMax and when the renewal of the CTP Green slip came in the mail I was shocked.

When I took delivery of my DMax I was more interested in reading the Manual than the other paperwork.

The renewal came in at $1221, ouch.

On closer inspection I found that it stated the youngest driver was 21.  I am the only driver stated on my Comprehensive Insurance.

The other thing I noticed was it was a 2015 model, I was sure that I had bought a 2014, but I'm not complaining about that.

I have shopped around and now have a new CTP Green slip for $580.

Obviously the dealer filled in the CTP paperwork using his own judgement, so if you are buying a car make sure the dealer knows the age of the youngest driver.

Cheers,
Naomi

Offline jeeves01

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
Re: NSW CTP Green slip
« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2016, 04:53:06 PM »
They try that all the time. Mine came in at some stupid price but I went with GIO and got it cheaper with better cover and if you apply online with the same company that sent you the renewal at an inflated price you will get the cheaper price. They just hope people pay up...which they do. I think CTP is also dearer in the city than country and might even go on your postcode.
MY15 SX Spacecab,white,auto,alloys,ARB deluxe steel bar,Ironman 9500lb winch,O'Brien 2200mm alloy tray,1800mm trundle draw,Tinted,Mortels Genuine sheepskin seat covers,ARB Side Steps, Rails,Rear Diff Lock & Full Underbody Protection,AVM HP hubs,Safari Snorkel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal