Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: OzIsuzu Forums... your friendly :hello: place to chat about all things Isuzu.

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: I'm loving the diesel prices at the moment  (Read 4216 times)

Offline Nomes

• LS-M Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
I'm loving the diesel prices at the moment
« on: Mar 10, 2016, 08:10:49 PM »
I use my DMax for work and pleasure.

Fortunately as a self employed gardener I am able to pick my travel times so as to avoid the peak hour traffic and I have become an avid diesel price watcher.

So far this 2016 I have only filled my tank twice and will fill it again next Monday.  My average price is $25 per week and that includes doing a 650klm round weekend trip once per month.

I can't tell you enough how pleased I am that I chose the DMax, it has surpassed my expectations.  I feel safe and it reminds me that I my lead foot days are over.

I was filling up at a truck servo the other day and a driver came over and said, he would fill my tank for me and said i should wear gloves when using diesel.  All truck drivers do.

Cheers everyone.  :icon_salut:

Offline mrandyree

• LS-M Member
  • Car Type: MUX
Re: I'm loving the diesel prices at the moment
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2016, 09:28:13 PM »
I traded up to my MU-X from a Corolla a month and a half ago and couldn't be happier either!

I use the paper towel from the servo instead of gloves.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Offline Bob

• XRunner Member
  • 2014 LST Auto
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2016, 09:51:50 PM »
Diesel prices are at the same or lower than what they were back in 2006 so make the most of it before the big rise.
2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.

Offline johnhu

• LS-M Member
« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2016, 01:35:13 PM »
So far this 2016 I have only filled my tank twice and will fill it again next Monday.  My average price is $25 per week and that includes doing a 650klm round weekend trip once per month.

Only due to fill up for the third time in 2+ months - wow. I'm guessing you don't do too many kilometers then. I figure I'm doing good if I can keep the fillups to under 1 per week. I do have a 120km round trip to/from work each weekday, plus a regular a 150km weekend round trip each week, let alone any other running about. Add in the holiday trips etc and I usually average about 40,000km a year. A bit more than the WA average, but I'm sure there are many out there that regularly do more.

As you say though, the dmax is economical on fuel, especially compared to my previous vehicles.

John

Offline monbeg

• LS-T Member
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2016, 01:47:58 PM »
This is the best I have got diesel at for ages, effectively 91.9c/litre  :icon_thumleft:
(had to buy the Cherry Ripe that was staring at me)

Offline momentum86

• SX Member
« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2016, 03:33:20 PM »
This is the best I have got diesel at for ages, effectively 91.9c/litre  :icon_thumleft:
(had to buy the Cherry Ripe that was staring at me)

We're still paying 119/L over in Perth. Though down south last weekend and found the country servo's all had their diesel below the dollar... have you's tapped into your own underground supply? Or buying out the stocks forcing our prices up? Whatever the reason just wish i had a long ranger so i did need to fill up so much!

Offline Stevo51

• LS-U Member
« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2016, 01:47:53 PM »
Saw 89.0 Sunday morning went back later it as 1.02
2017 LSU , TWIN CAB , CVS CANOPY,  REV CAMERA, UNIDEN RADIO, IMS BAR, 20inch LIGHT BAR,KINGS DRAWERS AND SIDES BOXED IN, HAVE JUST HAD GVM UPGRADE WITH HELP FROM PAKENHAM ISUZU DONE BY PEDDERS PAKENHAM.

Offline jeeves01

• LS-T Member
« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2016, 09:51:54 AM »
Here is a tip if you use Woolies/Caltex and use your 4c off as I do. In my case I shop at Woolies anyway and the have 2 of their servos around. One sells the premium Vortex and one the std vortex which is what I use as in this case there is 17c p/l difference.
Anyway...if you use your docket just buy your milk in the servo...it's the same price as the supermarket and when you spend $5 in the servo you get another 4c p/l off. I live buy myself and never have any problem getting through the milk by the use by date and if your fridge is any good it will always last a couple of days extra.
I also get another 5% off whatever the price is but this only applies to Woolworths/Caltex ( or any Woolies company such as BigW, BWS). You need to live in NSW or Vic for this and if you PM I will give you the details. I can't let the cat out of the bag as there is a bonus for referrals but it is genuine and I have been using it for quite a while. The other day diesel was 99.9 here so it cost me 86.9c p/l. I was happy. :occasion14:
MY15 SX Spacecab,white,auto,alloys,ARB deluxe steel bar,Ironman 9500lb winch,O'Brien 2200mm alloy tray,1800mm trundle draw,Tinted,Mortels Genuine sheepskin seat covers,ARB Side Steps, Rails,Rear Diff Lock & Full Underbody Protection,AVM HP hubs,Safari Snorkel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal