Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: OzIsuzu Forums... your friendly :hello: place to chat about all things Isuzu.

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Facebook Help  (Read 3539 times)

Offline Jonesy

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: MUX
Facebook Help
« on: Jan 25, 2016, 11:18:59 PM »
I thought that at the ripe age of 43 I would have a look at this Facebook thingie as all the young ones are always on it.

Now I have got the basics.  But when I like and follow a business say TJM Mackay, etc after a day when I go to the page with all my liked and follow businesses they have all disappeared!

Does anyone know if I have buggered up a setting or what I can do to keep these businesses followed?

Feel free to bag me for either using Facebook or starting so late in life

Any help would keep the swear tin from overflowing

:occasion14:

Andrew

DmaxDave

Re: Facebook Help
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2016, 09:30:55 AM »
Have you got kids?  Ask them  :laughing7:  It's what I do  :laughing7:

Dave

Offline Jonesy

• LS-T Member
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2016, 02:54:59 PM »
Have you got kids?  Ask them  :laughing7:  It's what I do  :laughing7:

Dave
I think Child Services might have a word to say if I employed my 2 1/2 year old twins!
 :laughing7:

DmaxDave

« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2016, 06:30:50 PM »
Nah mate, at 2 and half, they would have more FB friends than any of us  :laughing7: :laughing7:

Dave

Offline DannyG

• Administrator
  • XRunner Member
    • DannyG.com
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2016, 08:33:16 PM »
I thought that at the ripe age of 43 I would have a look at this Facebook thingie as all the young ones are always on it.

Now I have got the basics.  But when I like and follow a business say TJM Mackay, etc after a day when I go to the page with all my liked and follow businesses they have all disappeared!

Does anyone know if I have buggered up a setting or what I can do to keep these businesses followed?

Feel free to bag me for either using Facebook or starting so late in life

Any help would keep the swear tin from overflowing

Andrew

Im not sure if I am following you properly but generally if you go to the page you want to follow just under there big main cover photo you should see a box where you have options on what to follow and how.
"People will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"

Offline MellieJ

• LS-M Member
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2016, 07:06:07 AM »
When you say they have disappeared, your saying they you no loner like that page?
I have found issues with liking pages when I haven't gone fully into the page.
As Danny said, how have you liked the page? Maybe a screen shot of the disappearance?

Offline Jonesy

• LS-T Member
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2016, 05:54:03 PM »
All seems to have been sorted out once I put down the iPad and logged in on the computer.

Must have been a glitch in the iPad facebook app.

Thanks for everyone's comments

Offline jeeves01

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2016, 01:03:02 PM »
Here's my tip...learn how to use the privacy settings and make your page as private as possible...if you don't you will get the most stupid, inane, dumb and mind boggling boring rubbish you have ever read in your entire life. Keep your page private for your family and people who really are 'friends'. FB friends are generally a waste of time unless you are interested in someone waking up and having a coffee or have a headache....I really don't know how some people have the time to write the rubbish they do....anyway...that's my two bob's worth.
I use it to keep in contact with the kids but still have to sort the mud from the sand...to put it nicely.
MY15 SX Spacecab,white,auto,alloys,ARB deluxe steel bar,Ironman 9500lb winch,O'Brien 2200mm alloy tray,1800mm trundle draw,Tinted,Mortels Genuine sheepskin seat covers,ARB Side Steps, Rails,Rear Diff Lock & Full Underbody Protection,AVM HP hubs,Safari Snorkel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal