Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Read Off-road destination Tips :cup: in Trips Old and Planning!

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Lightbar comparrison  (Read 3627 times)

Offline jeeves01

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
Lightbar comparrison
« on: Dec 28, 2015, 05:27:39 PM »
Not a big test but gives a bit of an idea. The very last one looked good for when it is in full production. The Narva was just plain ridiculous in the price stakes.
http://www.unsealed4x4.com.au/issue019/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=9+annoying+things+you+need+to+stop+doing+at+camp&utm_campaign=Unsealed+4X4+Issue+019+-+Send+001#25
MY15 SX Spacecab,white,auto,alloys,ARB deluxe steel bar,Ironman 9500lb winch,O'Brien 2200mm alloy tray,1800mm trundle draw,Tinted,Mortels Genuine sheepskin seat covers,ARB Side Steps, Rails,Rear Diff Lock & Full Underbody Protection,AVM HP hubs,Safari Snorkel

Offline voids

Re: Lightbar comparrison
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2015, 09:05:46 PM »
Good comparison,  But I would like to see coulor temps start to drop down towards 4-5000 kelvins,   Some of the top manufacturers are starting to get some warmer coulor temps but still have to give it a few years.   

I had a 40" Cree lightbar on the roof and it was awesome offroad but oversaturated everything with ligh on the highway making it hard to spot kangaroos,   then I had a 22" osram Hyperspot, 5500 kelvin coulor temp much more usable light on the highway, far less road sign glare, but never got to give it a good run before it as smashed along with the front end of my Patrol.   
So now after running at least 5 different sets of driving lights and multiple HID conversions and 2 light  bars on my patrol over the last 7 years Im back to old school Halogen but 3 driving lights instead of 2 and am very surprised how well Im able to spot kangaroos now. its all about the coulour temps and light spectrum.   
2015 Black MUX LS-T
2017 kia Cerato
1996 Ford LTD
2018 Suzuki DR-650

Offline jeeves01

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
Re: Lightbar comparrison
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2015, 08:43:16 AM »
I'm pretty sure I read something from lightforce about kelvins and the human eye. I'll try and find it. I think it said no more than 5000. I remember talking to a Philips tech guy years ago and was saying ideally you need different globes for the city,snow etc and country driving.
I think driving at a slower speed on country roads at night is a good bet. I'll see if I can dig up the lightforce blurb.
MY15 SX Spacecab,white,auto,alloys,ARB deluxe steel bar,Ironman 9500lb winch,O'Brien 2200mm alloy tray,1800mm trundle draw,Tinted,Mortels Genuine sheepskin seat covers,ARB Side Steps, Rails,Rear Diff Lock & Full Underbody Protection,AVM HP hubs,Safari Snorkel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal