General Boards > Off Topic

The Spirit of Christmas.....

<< < (2/2)

knoath:
Sounds great Naomi!
We are off to the Buckland Valley for a week, free camping by the Buckland River in a great little, well shaded spot on the river bend, we need to cross the river to get in.
There will be 5 families if they can all get there, cousins for the 2 boys to hang out with, swimming mostly.
We'll take the camper trailer (QS inner spring mattress for the missus) and the oldest (13) just has to sleep in his swag which I think is great, and the 10yo is getting a king single Darche swag and stretcher from Santa (which just happens to be the right size for me! Coincidence....?)
Not far from Bright if we need any gas refills or supplies, it's the perfect spot, no crowds!

Have a Merry Christmas everyone and stay safe!

DannyG:
Well seeing as you asked..... we are off to our usual camp for Xmas and then we are doing the three capes walk over a few days there we are off to possibly another camp for nye  :)

Only three and half more days to work though!

ryjoe:
Hi Naomi.  Your Christmas looks pretty good so I hope you have a great time.

We are home for Christmas and from now to Boxing Day we have a lot of family get togethers so that will be really good.  On Christmas Day we get to spend a fair bit of time with our two sons and their wives and our grandchildren and we absolutely love that.  We all exchange gifts, eat and drink too much, have a few swims in our pool and a game of backyard cricket usually happens also.  Just plenty of good fun and I feel pretty lucky each year to experience this.

I try and squeeze in a few night shifts volunteering on the city soup kitchen or similar a few times each year as when I was an ambo I saw first hand the great work these groups do so I figure it doesn't hurt me to help out a bit also. I always try and do that during the festive season.

For 2016 we hit the road again with our MUX and caravan in late January into Northern NSW for some fishing and then out to the South Burnett area in QLD and then we will mosey off to Cairns for a while and then work our way back towards home for a little while.
Wishing everyone a great Christmas and all the best for 2016.
Stay Safe.
Cheers
Brian

Nomes:
Nice meeting you and your good wife too Martin.  I hope you both enjoyed your holiday!

Sounds like we are all having a great Christmas,  Merry Christmas to all and thanks for your good wishes!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version