General Boards > Off Topic

The Spirit of Christmas.....

(1/2) > >>

Nomes:
Before you guys go jumping up and down, let it be known that I am an Atheist, but, I believe that at this time of the year everyone makes an effort to make it special.  A bit like,  make up for the little wrongs through the year. I believe in the spirit of Christmas.  (Sorry, I didn't mean to kill that thread.)

So, what are you all doing for Christmas?

I'll start it off.  This year I am picking up my daughter, her partner and grandma's precious Benjamin in the DMax, (car seat already fitted in the DMax) and we will gourmet picnic (as gourmet as I can make it) and I will drive 30klms of dirt road to a rock pool for lunch and a swim up in the Blue Mountains.

Later, back home to hitch up my caravan and then drive down to Bowral to have dinner with my oldest friend.  On Boxing day I will drive 3 hours down to the south coast for a week to spend time with old friends  and I will camp on their 5 acre property while they camp in The Palace, a very large green shed  with all the mod cons, positioned by a river  in the  hinterland and  just 10klms cross country from the beach.  I won't mention the great seafood!

Perfect.

Last year I took my daughter and her partner to the Palce for Christmas, they spent 5 days inside a 3 man tent playing with their phones. Didn't have the DMax then.

At least on a dirt road it will be too hard for them to look at their phones.

I can hear it now, Mum!  Do you have to make so much dust?  I know one little fellow who will be laughing, can't wait until he is old enough to come in the front! Such adventures we will have.

Merry Christmas to you all and thanks for all the great posts because you gave me the confidence to hitch the van to the Dmax and head out on the road for a wonderful solo 5k trip and the confidence to know that I made the right choice buying a DMax, all I needed to do was to keep the tank filled up and make sure I drove within in my lane. (Plus the daily morning checks.)

Take care. especially at this time of year because there are more idiots than usual out on our roads.

Cheers and best wishes,  :occasion14:
Naomi

"Live better, help often and wonder more."

DmaxDave:
Happy Christmas to you Naomi.  Sounds like you have a wonderful time planned with family and friends.  Have fun.

Dave

xsm:
Cheers Naomi, I hope you enjoy the break.

It was nice meeting you in Nyngan (and Wilcannia) earlier this year. Safe travels.

Martin.

Billy:
Merry Christmas Naomi,
That sounds like an excellent plan, I think I know that same spot in the Blue Mountains, spent a lot of time out there on my mountain bike and stumbled across some magic and quite hidden little pools. This year, we have no holiday's booked, Christmas day at my place for 20+ people then a few impromptu trips in the MU-X as well as try and get out on the boat and catch some fish for the holidays.
Cheers and stay safe everyone,
Bill.

jeeves01:
Everyone just be careful on the road. It's always a really bad time. I'm not doing anything. Next year should be a good one for me on the driving/touring front and I'm looking forward to it. Merry Xmas :occasion14:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version