Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Our OzIsuzu Forums Merchandise  help keep our forum going! :icon_thumleft:

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: For those that owned a Jeep!  (Read 3815 times)

Offline DMaximus

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
For those that owned a Jeep!
« on: Nov 12, 2015, 09:15:41 AM »

Thought it was worth sharing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sVmoOZRypk

Offline Billy

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: MUX
Re: For those that owned a Jeep!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2015, 12:59:22 PM »
Wow, well produced and very funny! Hope that guy gets his Jeep sorted.

Offline jeeves01

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2015, 01:21:19 PM »
I read an article not long ago about a survey of dealers and the Jeep dealers were the most unhappy of them all. Still people still buy them. Shows there is no common sense when it comes to buying cars. It's easy enough to find nothing but problems with a few clicks on Dr Google.

MY15 SX Spacecab,white,auto,alloys,ARB deluxe steel bar,Ironman 9500lb winch,O'Brien 2200mm alloy tray,1800mm trundle draw,Tinted,Mortels Genuine sheepskin seat covers,ARB Side Steps, Rails,Rear Diff Lock & Full Underbody Protection,AVM HP hubs,Safari Snorkel

Offline Boutime

• LS-U Member
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2015, 06:12:41 PM »
I won't make that mistake twice. My Wrangler Sport 4-door was great fun for 2 years (70k). Bought it new and took extremely good care of it. And then had two major Warranty claims in as many weeks. Had to get the head replaced twice. After the second repair the low end torque was gone. To make it worse it also developed a slight vibration. Jeep could not detect a problem. By the time I traded in, the vibration was much worse. I think it was the prop shaft of the bush on the back of the transfer case. Stock standard, that should not happen.  So by 80k it was someone else's problem!
aBoutime ... I get a decent truck
Isuzu MU-X, LS-T, Outback Bronze
TJM Bullbar, TJM Snorkel, Isuzu Tow bar, X Bars, Awning, Uniden UHF.
PLUS a lot more planned for 2017 Kimberley trip.

Offline Miffa

• LS-M Member
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2015, 11:55:08 AM »
I won't make that mistake twice. My Wrangler Sport 4-door was great fun for 2 years (70k). Bought it new and took extremely good care of it. And then had two major Warranty claims in as many weeks. Had to get the head replaced twice. After the second repair the low end torque was gone. To make it worse it also developed a slight vibration. Jeep could not detect a problem. By the time I traded in, the vibration was much worse. I think it was the prop shaft of the bush on the back of the transfer case. Stock standard, that should not happen.  So by 80k it was someone else's problem!

You're not alone with a vibrating Wrangler Boutime. My sister had the same issue with her "dream car", similar to yours, and 12 months later finally got rid of it after untolds amounts of grief and time spent in Jeep service yards. She flogged it earlier this year while she could and bought a new DMAX.. :occasion14: (Every now and then, she does something totally out of character and clever)  :laughing7: :laughing7:
MU-X LSU MY15 l Tow Bar w Tekonsha BC | Bonnet Protector | Rhino Rack w Quickmount legs

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal