Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Read Off-road destination Tips :cup: in Trips Old and Planning!

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: TechniIce fridge  (Read 4647 times)

Offline knoath

TechniIce fridge
« on: Oct 15, 2015, 12:45:26 PM »
I have a 60lt TechniIce fridge/freezer in the DMax. Love it. Has been through a fair bit in the 2 years I've owned it.
Took it to Bathurst on the weekend and after day 5 (Sunday arvo) it wasn't cooling… sitting on around 16-17 deg.
Rang TechniIce on Tuesday and they said to take it to them. They gave me a replacement until mine is looked at and repaired/replaced as I'm off to Wakefield Park raceway next weekend for my mate's son's last round of the Australian National Formula Ford series.

So I just wanted to give them a good wrap for keeping me on the road and with no disruption to my lifestyle!
Bloody good on ya guys!

Aussie company looking after ordinary Aussies! Great service...
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!" Peter Brock

Offline grantm

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: MUX
Re: TechniIce fridge
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2015, 01:16:17 PM »
i recently got oa 60l version so far no issues good.to.hear they back up what they say with service

Offline DannyG

• Administrator
  • XRunner Member
    • DannyG.com
« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2015, 01:17:14 PM »
I agree, its good to hear of a company doing the right thing. Above and beyond in this case.
"People will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"

Offline knoath

« Reply #3 on: Oct 15, 2015, 08:37:02 PM »
They don't sell through outlets like Bunnings or the like as those places will want to charge 100% mark up… this keeps their prices fair and honest.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!" Peter Brock

Offline LST

• LS-U Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2015, 02:35:29 AM »
I also recently got the 60L version. Its running a few metres from where I sit as type this and can see the freezer is at minus 10 and the fridge at 4 degrees. Performed great on our recent short camping trip which was a powered site. So good to have a separate fridge and freezer compartments. With a 5 yr warranty and a Danfoss compressor at nearly half the price of a Engel (got one of those as well) or Waeco why would you bother as the latter two only have  a 2 or 3 yr warranty
2013 D-max LST auto in Silver

Offline jeeves01

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2015, 01:28:06 PM »
Their prices seem OK. Nothing that can't be matched at the shows though. I only paid $750 for a new 50ltr Waeco. I got the fridge for $900 with an insulation bag and also got a Waeco ice box that I sold for $150. I don't know what Waecos'  after sales service is like because I have never had to take mine back to find out. :laughing7:
Engel give nothing away though.
MY15 SX Spacecab,white,auto,alloys,ARB deluxe steel bar,Ironman 9500lb winch,O'Brien 2200mm alloy tray,1800mm trundle draw,Tinted,Mortels Genuine sheepskin seat covers,ARB Side Steps, Rails,Rear Diff Lock & Full Underbody Protection,AVM HP hubs,Safari Snorkel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal