Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: OzIsuzu Forums... your friendly :hello: place to chat about all things Isuzu.

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Prado "upgrades"  (Read 10338 times)

Offline Big Damo

• LS-U Member
  • Car Type: MUX
Re: Prado "upgrades"
« Reply #30 on: Dec 13, 2015, 11:43:18 PM »
Upgrade... buy a Dmax

Dave

Think that's Da Mux

Offline khan_rua

• SX Member
« Reply #31 on: Dec 15, 2015, 03:43:32 AM »
People will still buy prados as they are a bit bigger than the fortuners and target a different market. I've got nothing against prados as I drive them at work but still love my wife's mux and wouldn't change much about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Billy

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: MUX
« Reply #32 on: Dec 15, 2015, 05:21:14 AM »
People will still buy prados as they are a bit bigger than the fortuners and target a different market. I've got nothing against prados as I drive them at work but still love my wife's mux and wouldn't change much about it.

Yeah - Nothing against Prado's at all other than they just don't represent good value and only 2500kg towing capacity. Other than that, they are wonderful to drive but so is the MU-X. I was going to buy a Prado but my MU-X purchase saved me 25k, enough to buy a decent boat or a good second car.

Offline khan_rua

• SX Member
« Reply #33 on: Dec 27, 2015, 12:56:14 AM »
Couldn't ov said it better myself Billy :)

Offline Isuzumu

« Reply #34 on: Jan 11, 2016, 08:09:11 PM »
When I first saw the current generation of MU-X and D-MAX, back in 2013 at the Royal Australian Easter Show I was skeptical. New consumer based models from a commercial based manufacturer. I thought, no way, can't match Toyota but I was totally wrong. The thing that surprised me the most is how Isuzu got it right the very first time with these models and they are standing the test of time. People that 'know' want them for the right reason, they aren't perfect or the most up to date but they are very well priced and dependable.

Umm, the Isuzu MU has a long history, even badged as a Honda at one stage.  Plus the Gemini, Colorado and Jackaroo, until mid 2012, were all Isuzus.  Isuzu have a long history making "consumer based models".

Dave

Just thought I would put a photo up on Daves quote. This is our 1993 Isuzu MU, 300Ks and can legally two 2.5 ton and still going strong. Yes we love our Isuzus, also owned an Isuzu MU Wizard before the D.Max.

Offline DB74

• LS-U Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
« Reply #35 on: Jan 11, 2016, 08:45:38 PM »
I doesn't say a lot for Toyota engineering advances if a 1993 vehicle can tow 2.5 and 23 years later Toyota still offer 2.5t on some of their models.  Can't wait to drop in Bruce and have a look at the MU.
08/12 Dmax, enough ARB stuff on it to buy the Franchisee a villa in Bali, Airtech snorkel, bush pinstripping, Dueler 697's. Now 50,000km

Offline Isuzumu

« Reply #36 on: Jan 12, 2016, 08:13:24 AM »
I doesn't say a lot for Toyota engineering advances if a 1993 vehicle can tow 2.5 and 23 years later Toyota still offer 2.5t on some of their models.  Can't wait to drop in Bruce and have a look at the MU.
No worries mate.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal