General Boards > Off Topic

Prado "upgrades"

(1/8) > >>

tjwright7:
Looks like Toyota have decided people want the 2.8 in the Prado, Fortuna and Hilux. They are going to struggle to get people to justify spending the extra $$$ on the Prado when the Fortuna is in their own lineup not to mention the stiff competition being put up by the Colorado, Everest and of course the mighty MU-X.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

tdryd:
I have been thinking the same on this issue. Not to mention the prado has an overall length only 100mm longer what is the incentive to purchase a prado. None i can see.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Billy:
Really depends on what you want, the Prado is more refined that the Fortuner, it's not ute based. If I had the money I'd get a Prado, if I had a bit less money, I'd get an MU-X and use the change saved over the Fortuner to buy MU-X 4x4 upgrades.

BMux:
The problem is that there are more than enough sheep with enough $$$, who will blindly buy a Fortuner / Prado / Hilux without giving the competition a second of thought.

Isuzu and others need to raise their game with customer service, marketing and continuing to produce great vehicles at an excellent price point to gain market share.

Billy:
It is pretty hard to justify the Prado though and the 2500kg braked towing isn't great, auto Fortuner is also 2800kg, 200kg less than the MU-X. I've always been a Toyota customer but not this time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version