Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: OzIsuzu Forums... your friendly :hello: place to chat about all things Isuzu.

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Prado "upgrades"  (Read 10385 times)

Offline tjwright7

• LS-M Member
  • Car Type: MUX
Prado "upgrades"
« on: Sep 02, 2015, 05:25:05 PM »
Looks like Toyota have decided people want the 2.8 in the Prado, Fortuna and Hilux. They are going to struggle to get people to justify spending the extra $$$ on the Prado when the Fortuna is in their own lineup not to mention the stiff competition being put up by the Colorado, Everest and of course the mighty MU-X.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

2013 MU-X LS-M, TJM Bar, TJM Brush Bars, TJM Side Steps, CSA Rims

Offline tdryd

• SX Member
Re: Prado "upgrades"
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2015, 05:53:17 PM »
I have been thinking the same on this issue. Not to mention the prado has an overall length only 100mm longer what is the incentive to purchase a prado. None i can see.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Offline Billy

• LS-T Member
« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2015, 08:41:38 PM »
Really depends on what you want, the Prado is more refined that the Fortuner, it's not ute based. If I had the money I'd get a Prado, if I had a bit less money, I'd get an MU-X and use the change saved over the Fortuner to buy MU-X 4x4 upgrades.

Offline BMux

• XRunner Member
« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2015, 03:48:47 PM »
The problem is that there are more than enough sheep with enough $$$, who will blindly buy a Fortuner / Prado / Hilux without giving the competition a second of thought.

Isuzu and others need to raise their game with customer service, marketing and continuing to produce great vehicles at an excellent price point to gain market share.
MU-X LS-T MY15 | Bonnet Protector | Isuzu Snorkel | Isuzu Tow Bar | ARB Deluxe Combo Bar | Geolander A/T G015 255/65R17 | "Be the change you want to see."

Offline Billy

• LS-T Member
« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2015, 04:09:29 PM »
It is pretty hard to justify the Prado though and the 2500kg braked towing isn't great, auto Fortuner is also 2800kg, 200kg less than the MU-X. I've always been a Toyota customer but not this time.

Offline BMux

• XRunner Member
« Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2015, 04:16:30 PM »
I see so many Prado's everyday I can't keep up with counting them, same goes for Hilux. Will be interesting to see how the Everest and MU-X sales go when the Fortuner is available.
MU-X LS-T MY15 | Bonnet Protector | Isuzu Snorkel | Isuzu Tow Bar | ARB Deluxe Combo Bar | Geolander A/T G015 255/65R17 | "Be the change you want to see."

Offline Billy

• LS-T Member
« Reply #6 on: Oct 25, 2015, 05:49:15 AM »
It will interesting to see, I'm in the market for an MU-X so I'm hoping pricing will stay sharp for a while.

Offline voids

« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2015, 08:00:01 AM »
we chose the MUX over the Prado as we are keeping it for many years, The prado is a good vehicle and if you where only keeping it for 3 years and moving it on definitely worth the extra coin due to resale value nothing comes close to a second hand Prado, people are still paying top dollar for them.
2015 Black MUX LS-T
2017 kia Cerato
1996 Ford LTD
2018 Suzuki DR-650

Offline Billy

• LS-T Member
« Reply #8 on: Oct 25, 2015, 03:50:34 PM »
People are paying more for used Prados than new MU-X's, well at least the sticker price suggests they may be, go figure. With a boat in tow and a car full of people and gear, the Prado can easily get over or close to its total load capacity, the extra 500kgs the MU-X offers makes far more sense.

Offline jeeves01

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
« Reply #9 on: Oct 27, 2015, 11:57:46 AM »
I think the Dmax etc are still good value compared to the others. If they lifted their game by improving the fit and finish, including the paintwork they would be reasonable in the price department. The cabin needs some rethinking especially the plastics and the stupid doors. Fix the seats and include a rear view camera as standard, improve the wading depth, add a factory diff lock or option it and keep the price the same. I think they are all overpriced and mostly underdone but the Dmax has a chance at keeping market share if they would get their heads out of the sand and have a look around...they didn't even do an update this year ( as far as I know) and the new Hilux is released.....work that out. Just plain stupid in my book. They should have been working on a revamp 2 years ago.
MY15 SX Spacecab,white,auto,alloys,ARB deluxe steel bar,Ironman 9500lb winch,O'Brien 2200mm alloy tray,1800mm trundle draw,Tinted,Mortels Genuine sheepskin seat covers,ARB Side Steps, Rails,Rear Diff Lock & Full Underbody Protection,AVM HP hubs,Safari Snorkel

Offline Billy

• LS-T Member
« Reply #10 on: Oct 27, 2015, 03:10:30 PM »
I think the Dmax etc are still good value compared to the others. If they lifted their game by improving the fit and finish, including the paintwork they would be reasonable in the price department. The cabin needs some rethinking especially the plastics and the stupid doors. Fix the seats and include a rear view camera as standard, improve the wading depth, add a factory diff lock or option it and keep the price the same. I think they are all overpriced and mostly underdone but the Dmax has a chance at keeping market share if they would get their heads out of the sand and have a look around...they didn't even do an update this year ( as far as I know) and the new Hilux is released.....work that out. Just plain stupid in my book. They should have been working on a revamp 2 years ago.

I tend to agree with that, the D-MAX and MU-X are still fantastic vehicles but their pricing will need to reflect the ' slight falling behind other makes ' in the short term and if so, they will keep selling for a while until new models arrive in 2017 that's my guess. With the Fortuner looking to become very popular and I am already spotting the new Hilux everywhere on the roads and the new Mitsubishi Challenger about to be released tells me that Isuzu need to stay right on price to make acceptable sales over the next 12 months.

Offline Billy

• LS-T Member
« Reply #11 on: Oct 28, 2015, 04:00:32 PM »
Not sure if you are able to see attached but these prices are highway robbery.....Hello Isuzu!

http://www3.toyota.com.au/fortuner?gclid=CIO3yoiw5MgCFUuXvQodYsoPYg

Offline BMux

• XRunner Member
« Reply #12 on: Oct 28, 2015, 04:08:27 PM »
18" wheels on the "Crusade"? Be interesting to see how that goes off-road and in the sand  :laughing7:

So you need to spend $68k to get GPS? Ouch.

Seems like the perfect Toorak Tractor. No doubt there will be zillions of them on the road by Christmas.

Offline Billy

• LS-T Member
« Reply #13 on: Oct 28, 2015, 04:17:02 PM »
No doubt there will be millions of them - The base GX doesn't even get alloy wheels, no roof rails, it gets a reversing camera but that will cost you $15,000 over the price of a LS-M MU-X, nuts.  :tool:

Offline Parko96

• XRunner Member
Prado "upgrades"
« Reply #14 on: Oct 28, 2015, 05:30:29 PM »
Wow the Crusade is first car I have seen with a built in 220v power inverter.

And $60,000 for the GLX you still get no DRL's.

And where are the heated mirrors?

I was actually expecting them to be much more expensive, for a Toyota they are well priced.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal