Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: OzIsuzu Forums... your friendly :hello: place to chat about all things Isuzu.

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Unsealed 4x4 article  (Read 5569 times)

Offline Bigkenny

• LS-U Member
  • Car Type: MUX
Unsealed 4x4 article
« on: Sep 01, 2015, 07:07:09 PM »
Did anyone else read the Unsealed 4x4 article about their Victoria high country trip driving the Ironman Dmax & Mux?
Sounds like a review of the Ironman Isuzu's is coming in a future edition.
Go the mighty Isuzu!.

2014 Black Mux Lst,TJM Bullbar & snorkel, Kalahari awning, Ctek dual battery system, 7" 70watt Led flood lights, tradesman alloy rack, Suspension upgrade by Ultimate Suspension.

Offline oddsmux

• LS-M Member
Re: Unsealed 4x4 article
« Reply #1 on: Sep 01, 2015, 09:46:09 PM »
Yeah I caught that to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Ironman 4x4

• SX Member
    • Ironman 4x4
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2016, 09:48:38 AM »
Hey Guys,

That was me going for a ride with Evan from unsealed! Great little trip in the high country! I was surprised with how much snow there was whilst we were there!

I know it's a dead thread but just come across it and thought I'd make mention.

That trip really sold me on the Dmax (which i was driving). I was blown away with how capable and comfortable it was to drive (and I'm a heavily modified patrol driver - my patrol wouldn't have managed one of the hills the Dmax did!)!

Unfortunately I had to give it back to the sales rep who uses it as his company vehicle. Sad times!

Cheers,

Matt
Ironman 4x4

Offline wintrmute

• LS-T Member
  • MU-X LS-U
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2016, 11:08:55 AM »
Congrats Matt!

What sort of mods did the Dmax have?
2015 Mu-x LS-U Fjord blue; Geolander A/T-S; GME CB; Roof tray

Offline Ironman 4x4

• SX Member
    • Ironman 4x4
« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2016, 11:13:35 AM »
Congrats Matt!

What sort of mods did the Dmax have?

It had our canopy, 2" lift (with foam cell pro shocks), 32" tyres (Micky T P3s), commercial deluxe bullbar, side steps and rails, 12,000lb winch, HID spotlights and LEDs on the rack. 1.8m RTT rack, roof top tent, dual battery system, space case with all the recovery gear in the rear + a 40L fridge, underbody protection and an awning.

So pretty comprehensively modified. But very achievable modifications that most will do :D

Offline wintrmute

• LS-T Member
  • MU-X LS-U
« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2016, 11:30:35 AM »
Yeah, cool. Sounds great :)
A suspension upgrade is high on my priorities.

I'm interested to read about whether or not people go with locking diffs or whether the traction control works well enough.. So far it's been fine for me, but there are heated discussions on it elsewhere on the forum. So it's good to read about that Dmax doing so well on the stock TCS, after the lift/shocks and good tyres were put on.
2015 Mu-x LS-U Fjord blue; Geolander A/T-S; GME CB; Roof tray

Offline Ironman 4x4

• SX Member
    • Ironman 4x4
« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2016, 11:55:15 AM »
Yeah, cool. Sounds great :)
A suspension upgrade is high on my priorities.

I'm interested to read about whether or not people go with locking diffs or whether the traction control works well enough.. So far it's been fine for me, but there are heated discussions on it elsewhere on the forum. So it's good to read about that Dmax doing so well on the stock TCS, after the lift/shocks and good tyres were put on.

I'm quite impressed with the traction control. Yes it did have some issues when i was in high range, but once in low range the stability control didn't kick in and thats when it was able to work.

We got up a very slippery clay hill. I was winching part of it to get moving, but as soon as i had momentum it just kept going. We ended up running ahead with the winch cable still out because once i got moving if I'd stopped, I'd have slid right the way back! Definately not an ideal situation, but as I said, it got up there and i know my Patrol wouldn't have in the same situation. That was down to the tyres and traction control.

A lift also makes a big difference - ensuring you keep wheels on the ground as long as possible and providing a comfortable and compliant ride that helps you control the vehicle.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal