General Boards > OzIsuzu Forum Bulletin Board

We lost a little bit of data

(1/1)

DannyG:
Sorry guys I had a little issue tonight and in the process of restoring a back up I accidentally restored the database back a day.
So we have lost a days worth of threads  :crybaby2:
Sorry for the inconvenience.

dunnymonster:
I read the title, and thought we must have had a breach.  :grin:

DannyG:
We have been getting hammered with spammers lately for some reason. Im getting 20 sign ups a day with dodgy emails which I am rejecting so I am sure I am accidentally rejecting genuine people as well.

But long story short, I installed some better anti spam protection and for some reason it stop anyone signing up. And after uninstalling the software it really messed things up so I backed up from the previous days back up.

And being at work I was trying to do all this on my phone during my breaks and I accidentally restored  the database as well as the files from the previous day, hence we lost a days worth of threads, sign ups, private messages etc.

I think its the first time in 10 years so we have been lucky.

WAI4WD:
Use cloudflare for your DNS... free. You can stop 100% bot spam with its WAF firewall. You can force outside countries through automated checking to ensure is human.

yvesjv:

--- Quote from: WAI4WD on Feb 12, 2024, 05:54:55 PM ---Use cloudflare for your DNS... free. You can stop 100% bot spam with its WAF firewall. You can force outside countries through automated checking to ensure is human.

--- End quote ---

I concur.
Had a meeting with their rep for Oz at the end of last year.
They are very good at that game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version