General Boards > Off Topic

Carexpert youtube channel latest Dmax/BT-50 fail

(1/4) > >>

yvesjv:
Was binge watching the car shows streamed via the google dongle thing during the holidays.
And saw this below... a comparison of the 'best' utes on the market
Me thinks he should have changed tyres on all vehicles to the same brand/model for comparing apples to apples but no evidence of that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6ng66xBRM4

Is that guy trolling the latest DMax?

257Bob:
I would say no he's not trolling.  He seems to be fair with all the vehicles.  The results seem to show what the new Dmax can and can't do.  The traction control and hill descent control software doesn't seem to be doing the job.  Isuzu can build a great engine but maybe their electronic gizmos need some work. 

Damned if I'd want to go down a steep track in Victoria in the auto if that's what happens in the video.  Downright bloody dangerous.  I saw the latest 4WD 24/7 ute comparison and one of the drivers also commented how the gearing in the auto is too high for steep descents. 

rajahhindi:

--- Quote from: 257Bob on Jan 25, 2024, 09:10:44 AM ---I would say no he's not trolling.  He seems to be fair with all the vehicles.  The results seem to show what the new Dmax can and can't do.  The traction control and hill descent control software doesn't seem to be doing the job.  Isuzu can build a great engine but maybe their electronic gizmos need some work. 

Damned if I'd want to go down a steep track in Victoria in the auto if that's what happens in the video.  Downright bloody dangerous.  I saw the latest 4WD 24/7 ute comparison and one of the drivers also commented how the gearing in the auto is too high for steep descents.

--- End quote ---
He is an office boy who claims he is an ex project engineer engineer, and is an absolute Ford lapboy! Owns a Raptor and a Tesla and lives in the city. Claims he left engineering because he got tired of suits! I do not know 1 Engineer in my life that wears a suit on the job
Should i say anymore! Has next to zero 4wd experience and imho has next to no knowledge of cars in
general. Just a mouthpiece! I have called him out many times making incorrect statements. The best one was when he claimed how to calculate electrical Power was ohms law! Two entirely different formulae. By the way, i am a 40 years electrician. When i pointed it out he was wrong, he argued with me and sent me a link to exactly proving what i just told him. He also claimed a set of Michelin radial tyres on a car he was testing was semi slick tyres! When i told him they were just a normal performance radial and to be a semi slick tyre, it needs to like a ToyoR888r or a Nitto R tyre, he  claimed the Michelin were "semi slickish". He is obviously a novice car man who is learning on the job, but calling himself a CAREXPERT!  I Do not mind people making mistakes, but don't call yourself an expert when you are clearly not!

rajahhindi:

--- Quote from: yvesjv on Jan 25, 2024, 08:40:45 AM ---Was binge watching the car shows streamed via the google dongle thing during the holidays.
And saw this below... a comparison of the 'best' utes on the market
Me thinks he should have changed tyres on all vehicles to the same brand/model for comparing apples to apples but no evidence of that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6ng66xBRM4

Is that guy trolling the latest DMax?

--- End quote ---
He is an absolute Ford Ranger lover and owner. Lots of people have commented on his utube channel about his bias.

Ozzy:
He is an Absolute rooster with a soft touch guage.
He has to be bias otherwise he will not get invited to the auto industry junkets & new model releases.
 :laughing7:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version