General Boards > Off Topic

Insurance renewal

(1/3) > >>

ajm:
Got my renewal offer yesterday. Premium has shot up 50%. Who are people insuring with for their dmax? Mine is MY14, bog standard. In south East Queensland.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

maweida:
try shopping around, i just swap between AAMI and NRMA. If you are loyal they jack up the price.

Ian G:
I pay $1328 for my 2017 MUX includes windscreen and hire car, it's been going up but not that much, but I assume market value going down !!

OldMucks:
Got mine a week ago ,it also went up about 50% - best quotes i got were from Allianz AAMI APIA but the best was from Aust.Post it was only about 20% more.

MotoBreno:
A long time ago, insurance was defined to me as: "make a bet that something will happen, and then happily do everything within in your personal finances, resources, powers and actions, to lose the bet that you chose to make" - The industry is a rort. Here's a suggestion worth running up the pole: for vehicles, how about insuring the individual, not static assets. TPP for vehicles, Personal Auto/Moto Liability for individuals. Otherwise, it's a money-grab, double, triple, quadruple dipping into our pockets. 
 :BangHead:

Vehicle age sets premiums too. You may find better results with a 'specalist insurer' like club4x4 or shannons, (no afilliations, i'm sure there are others) 

Here's a direct quote from one of my insurance providers "vehicle age is an issue for insurers because older vehicles are too difficult to fully and correctly repair and warranting those repairs is problematic"

So absurd is a personal example: Fully protected, zero claim 'bonus' rating etc...etc... yet it is cheaper for me to comprehensively insure a late model $38K 192 HP, road registerable sports bike than a 20yr old low km bog stock Hyundai Accent that does 3000km /yr.  In the same breath, they happily offered $180/yr for TPP only.
 :BangHead:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version