Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: OzIsuzu Forums... your friendly :hello: place to chat about all things Isuzu.

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Fun project - lift vw beetle  (Read 5149 times)

Offline ajm

Re: Fun project - lift vw beetle
« Reply #15 on: Sep 27, 2023, 12:44:39 PM »
OK, the big red car is home. Cleaned glass and cigarette butts out of every nook and cranny. And the sticky residue on every surface. Sorry, has to be said, smokers are filthy.

Have removed rear seats and washed. Will leave front seats until next weekend so the kids can play tomorrow. That said, I have to remove the centre console to get to the gear stick (auto) mechanism. It sticks in Park
 Apparently an easy fix.

Just wondering if anyone knows what it could be when the ignition is turned off but there is still something running and clicking. No fans on. Key out of ignition.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

One of my friends found mice in his car. They lived right in the car and carried all sorts of rubbish in it. He had to dismantle the car to destroy their nest.
Maybe you have mice too?
Rats/mice definitely hide up in the engine bays where its warm.

Offline yvesjv

« Reply #16 on: Oct 06, 2023, 06:47:55 AM »
The idea was for them to be enthusiastic about getting off the couch.

I recommend a road trip.
With the wet season coming back up here, the Indian Ocean is warming up.
I think visiting the string of Ningaloo beaches is highly recommended.
Of course they use their savings or Dad owns the trip  ;)

Offline ajm

« Reply #17 on: Oct 10, 2023, 02:14:17 PM »
I would love to. It's about the only time they stop fighting. Mind you, the last road trip of any length was bris to emerald and back again to collect a dog. Two years ago. We did that in the mux and it was great. In that time though, they have all shot past mum, and the youngest is almost as tall as me now. He's 13. So complaints about legroom are coming thick and fast.

We still have a few years left before they won't be living at home and we are starting to look for a new vehicle. Having tried just about everything in the lead up to the purchase of the isuzus, we're at a loss as to what comes next. Maybe go old school and get a combi or an early model landrover ( pre defender/county when they had the bench seats in the rear cabin an could carry 10 pax).

The following users thanked this post: yvesjv

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal