General Boards > Off Topic

Fun project - lift vw beetle

(1/4) > >>

ajm:
Morning all. On a whim, we bought the kids a 2005 vw beetle to use as a farm car. It has been in an accident but no significant damage to important parts.

our land is kinda bumpy and the beetle is kinda low so....let's do a silly lift on it. Yeh!! Oh, and add a bull/nudge bar of sorts.

Anyone got a similar vehicle that could help me figure out what I could use to raise it up? Surprisingly, it does not seem a common practice.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

guyfromaus:
There is a TV show from the US called  oops cant remember the name where the guy with a bald head (and a dog) cuts chops modifies cars.
He does a bit with VWs
Check Utube for back shows.

MotoBreno:
Wayyyy, back in my youth, ('80's) a bloke I used to hang out with cut up a beetle for farm buggy bashing. He found a way to make it a bit taller but the wheel align was ummm, well it only ran on sand on the station... When I say cut-up, think of something off the set of Mad Max 2. - He cut a lot out and welded half a scrap yard into it. The stretch-mesh floor was mistake, all the crap came through it. Christ it was fun though! - Good luck and have fun.

ajm:
Thought about chopping the rear half of the cabin away to mate it into a year of sorts. But first, needs to go up a little. Found one but it's a little too high

https://pin.it/6G6fCdy

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

Bob:
That's a beast.  :headbang:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version