General Boards > OzIsuzu Forum Bulletin Board

Major Upgrades

(1/2) > >>

DannyG:
Just a heads up I am about to attempt some major upgrades to the forum software as its long over due and we are getting some errors due to not keeping up with the servers software.

Things may go terribly wrong so if we disappear for a period of time you'll know why  :dontknow: :laughing7:

yvesjv:
You doing a test run on a backup?

DannyG:

--- Quote from: yvesjv on Jan 31, 2023, 12:35:43 PM ---You doing a test run on a backup?

--- End quote ---

I havent, but I have had to use the back up and restore system in the past and it was very flawless.

I have a daily back up of the entire folder on the server plus a database back up so if all else fails with the cpanel back up wizard I can drop the whole forum back on as it was.

I havent actually done the update as yet, I went to do update one of three and there were errors. They are errors I am reasonably confident I can manually sort out (errors to do with the forums theme) but Ive left it until I can get a solid few hours in front of the computer to do any repairs as needed.

DannyG:
All updated, hopefully everything works as it should.

I got some template errors but the template seems to function as it should so we will see how it goes.

I dont know if it improves anything in terms of usage though  :dontknow:

DannyG:
And coincidentally our host is also doing some upgrades and that is causing some issues!!

Phew, i thought it was me so I called them and they confirmed it is their end. Hopefully itll all be fixed soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version