Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Our OzIsuzu Forums Merchandise  help keep our forum going! :icon_thumleft:

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Rats and Baits.  (Read 3929 times)

Offline s72

Re: Rats and Baits.
« Reply #15 on: Apr 20, 2022, 10:42:42 AM »
A few years ago, I spent a couple of nights at a popular beach-front camping area on the NSW mid north coast.  The little bastards got up in the engine bay of the MUX and took a liking to the red plastic on the battery terminal cover.  They had begun some tiny exploratory nibbles in a few other places but fortunately no serious damage.  I'm sure once they had finished on the terminal cover they would have moved on to the obviously less tasty but probably more critical things.....

The following users thanked this post: Deefa

Offline Deefa

• SX Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
« Reply #16 on: Apr 24, 2022, 02:28:09 PM »
Update. Nothing caught in any traps except a couple of mice. I think these Rats were passing through to greener pastures and have moved on, for now? They will be back, so i've switched the attention to "Deterance".
For under $20, i bought a litre each of Citronella oil, Vinegar (double strength), Ammonia, and a spray bottle. To be used to clean up the mess they made, but also after going through Google found these were the most commonly used items as a Deterant. Grabbed some Moth balls too.
Leaving the bonnet up when not driving the Dmax!!, helps as they like cover. Leaving the camp drawers in the back empty until i go camping should help as well. Leave all traps set and check often.
A resident Carpet snake would be the best deterant but they don't hang around long either, probably because of the dogs.
Cheers, Steve.

Offline Frankb

• SX Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
« Reply #17 on: Jun 03, 2022, 04:40:26 PM »
 :hello2:
Deefa.
Go to your pet shop that sells snakes or if you know someone that has them and ask them for some snake poo
Put it in a tin with plenty of holes in it secure it under the bonnet rats wil not hang around.
They are CENSORED (no pun intended) scared of snakes. I have some in my ceiling and have not heard a rat since.
Cheers Frankb

Offline mewgaf

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: MUX
  • If I wake up, it’s a good day.
    • Prostate Trek Inc.
« Reply #18 on: Jun 04, 2022, 06:24:31 PM »
Does this work for possums in roofs of homes?
Have you had a PSA blood test lately.
This could save your life.
Prostate Cancer is no joke.
https://prostatetrek.org.au

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal