Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Read Off-road destination Tips :cup: in Trips Old and Planning!

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: It's that time of the year again... Insurance renewal just before XMas  (Read 6079 times)

Offline yvesjv

And... here we go again!
AANT has changed from QBE to CGU.
Price went up by a couple of hundreds...
Everything is going up lately  :crybaby2:

Offline 257Bob

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
And... here we go again!
AANT has changed from QBE to CGU.
Price went up by a couple of hundreds...
Everything is going up lately  :crybaby2:

My quote went up again by a small amount.................but so did the agreed value of my Dmax.  It's now valued at $29 200.  Thats only $4 800 less than I paid for it seven years ago. I can't really complain about that. 
Baldrick, your breath comes straight from Satan's bottom.

Offline Munro

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: MUX
I have found CGU to be a bit dearer in the past, BUT... one of the very few that offered "new for old" without having to be the first registered owner.  Quite handy while dealing with a writeoff during the days of car prices going nuts.  Really couldn't fault their performance, given the late-2021 Chrissy/COVID craziness of getting anything assessed, or transported, or finding a new vehicle...

With almost any other insurer it would have been "here's your forty something grand, good luck getting into anything close without shelling another 10 or 15."

Allianz seems to offer the same sort of benefit (last I checked...) and at a cheaper rate than CGU.
2022 MU-X LS-U 4x4 - Grey Mica
Pedders GVM+/Airbag Man HP/Provent 200/Fuel Manager/TowPro Elite/SBI12/UH6060/Kings Lethal 9"/HIKE-IT X9/ATI Hard Pipes
2024 OTM Adventure 6.9F

The following users thanked this post: yvesjv

Offline Gav62

• LS-M Member
  • MY18 LSM Crew Cab
Allianz has been my go to.

Offline Gordon_L34

• SX Member
Hi All,

I had a total write off on my 2010 Holden Colorado a week before Christmas 2020 when I hit a cow at about 105 kms per hour in a 110 kms zone.
I was insured at market value with Allianz.
I found and bought a 2018 D-Max with 25000k on the clock for$45,000 which I then insured for an agreed value of what I paid for it.
Last renewal the agreed value went up to $52,500 and the premium reduced!
This all is still with Allianz.
I thought that the new for old was only for cars bought new and written off in the first two years of ownership of the vehicle!

Merry Christmas All.

Offline Munro

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: MUX
I thought that the new for old was only for cars bought new and written off in the first two years of ownership of the vehicle!

"If your car is a total loss, and no more than 2 years have passed since the manufacture year
shown in your policy details document, you can choose what you’d like us to do."
- Allianz PDS, Page 13

"If your vehicle is a total loss as a result of an incident, we may
decide to replace your vehicle with a new vehicle.
We will only do this if your vehicle is:
• a car less than three years old and has not travelled more
than 50,000 kilometres"
- CGU PDS, Page 4

So Allianz appears to be more flexible to your wants, but only up to 2 years since manufacture.  I have to say though, CGU didn't argue the toss at all when I said I wanted a replacement.  "Yes sir, we can do that..." even though paying me out would have saved them about 20 grand (I "accidentally" saw CGUs invoice) along with a couple of hundred hours of admin.  Wholeheartedly recommend them based on our outcome.
2022 MU-X LS-U 4x4 - Grey Mica
Pedders GVM+/Airbag Man HP/Provent 200/Fuel Manager/TowPro Elite/SBI12/UH6060/Kings Lethal 9"/HIKE-IT X9/ATI Hard Pipes
2024 OTM Adventure 6.9F

The following users thanked this post: yvesjv

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal