General Boards > Off Topic

What's Goin On?

<< < (4/5) > >>

VALKIE:

--- Quote from: animalpest on Nov 15, 2021, 09:33:26 PM ---Mine cost $14,000 for the pair!
A lifetime of shooting in the bush.

--- End quote ---

OMG $14,000.00 that would send me broke.

I have priced them and once I get the part pension they come down to a very affordable level.
I cannot see why every other disability is subsidized, but not hearing loss.
It makes life a pain, but they love gouging poor old taxpayer to death.

Its like cataract surgery, they say they can do it for a few dollars overseas in third world countries, but its tens of thousands in Australia.

Rip off

Bob:
I thought that $4,000 was over the top. They were bloody useless and I hardly ever used them.

The new one are fantastic and I have yet to miss a day without them in nearly 12 months.

With the Bluetooth I can answer the phone and get beep for messages etc. I have yet to get around to hooking them into the TV as I can now hear it quite clearly.

--- Quote from: VALKIE on Nov 16, 2021, 11:04:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: animalpest on Nov 15, 2021, 09:33:26 PM ---Mine cost $14,000 for the pair!
A lifetime of shooting in the bush.

--- End quote ---

OMG $14,000.00 that would send me broke.

Rip off

--- End quote ---

xcvator:

--- Quote from: wj957 on Aug 30, 2021, 12:16:38 PM ---Also, its not a 1 time purchase.
I'm told to expect about 5 years use before replacement, so next time I will be on the geriatric bludge.

--- End quote ---

I hope that comment was in jest as I worked for 55 years for my geriatric bludge and just got my 1st free hearing aids

animalpest:
Worst part was that I lost one of my hearing aids. Of course they dont make that model any more so I had to buy a new pair! Insurance job thankfully.

Yep, expect them to last 5 years of so. I upgrade mine about then. I wouldn't - couldn't do without them as my loss of hearing is profound. 

mux339:
Do you take them out now before you pull the trigger? Or just turn down the volume?

My deafness is due to 20 odd years working with rifles with a 105-120 mm calibre. Over time I found it convenient because I could drive a car and be blissfully ignorant of the conversation to my left emanating from the passenger's seat. She's gone now unfortunately, but the kids still try to abuse me for not having a hearing aid. I can't hear them above the volume of the TV, the radio, or the stereo though. I'm happy :laughing7:
 :occasion14:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version