General Boards > Off Topic

What's Goin On?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Bob:
My original pair cost me $2,000 but took them back and updated to a $4,000 pair. :dontknow:

My recent purchase, now on the aged pension, cost me around $850 and they include Bluetooth. The normal retail price is about $4,000 but get a big Government subsidy  :laughing7: :occasion14:

wj957:
Valkie, I took my advice from a friend who needed 2 hearing aids from childhood.

Buy the best there is.

So I got the bluetooth jobby with an app on my phone, you can pair it to the TV and listen to it as loud as you like, with the TV's own speakers turned off.

Its worth it for the "brownie points", you can also turn off Pegasus  ;D (everlasting nag)

VALKIE:

--- Quote from: wj957 on Aug 30, 2021, 10:08:29 AM ---Valkie, I took my advice from a friend who needed 2 hearing aids from childhood.

Buy the best there is.

So I got the bluetooth jobby with an app on my phone, you can pair it to the TV and listen to it as loud as you like, with the TV's own speakers turned off.

Its worth it for the "brownie points", you can also turn off Pegasus  ;D (everlasting nag)

--- End quote ---

Yeah, i tend to buy quality as it is usually the best and lasts longer.

But i cant justify thousands for a hearing aid at the moment.
When i get into the pension thing, i can get subsidized hearing aids and that makes sense to me.
Its only 4 years away, i have put up with it for the last 10 years, whats another 4?

wj957:
Also, its not a 1 time purchase.
I'm told to expect about 5 years use before replacement, so next time I will be on the geriatric bludge.

animalpest:
Mine cost $14,000 for the pair!
A lifetime of shooting in the bush.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version