Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Our OzIsuzu Forums Merchandise  help keep our forum going! :icon_thumleft:

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Member type  (Read 7867 times)

Offline jack-fc

• LS-U Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
Member type
« on: Jul 17, 2021, 10:59:22 AM »

Just noticed a curious thing - even though in my 'profile' I said I had the 'poverty pack' SX Dmax, somehow the forum now shows that I'm a 'LS-M member'... Definitely still got the old SX; can anyone explain how/why I've been upgraded to the luxury model??

Cheers, and Happy Lockdown
Jack
Old Fart still pushing the envelope... but it remains stationery

Offline Seshman

• LS-M Member
Re: Member type
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2021, 11:47:24 AM »
Morning Jack,

Its just a title dependent on your post count is my understanding. The more you post the better model you are! Show us your trims!  ;D

Simon
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline jack-fc

• LS-U Member
« Reply #2 on: Jul 17, 2021, 01:07:03 PM »

Thanks, Simon! Wonder if I'll live long enough to get to 'XTerrain' or 'SSV Redline' or 'HSV Grange'....

Not sure what you mean by 'show us your trims'; but if it involves posting photos, sorry, I'm a tech-tard old fart and haven't worked out how to do that yet. I can take pics (sort of) with my relatively newly-acquired smart phone, but have learnt that to date it's a whole lot smarter than I am.

Cheers, Jack

Offline WAI4WD

• XRunner Member
    • Wife & I 4WD
« Reply #3 on: Jul 17, 2021, 02:38:42 PM »
I can take pics (sort of) with my relatively newly-acquired smart phone, but have learnt that to date it's a whole lot smarter than I am.
Google and Youtube mate. The amount of stuff I watch in Youtube on how to do something. I spend a lot of time on it, listening to stuff even while I do other stuff.
X-Terrain 2021 with a long list of to-do's.

The following users thanked this post: jack-fc

Offline 257Bob

• XRunner Member
« Reply #4 on: Jul 17, 2021, 06:31:33 PM »

Just noticed a curious thing - even though in my 'profile' I said I had the 'poverty pack' SX Dmax, somehow the forum now shows that I'm a 'LS-M member'... Definitely still got the old SX; can anyone explain how/why I've been upgraded to the luxury model??

Cheers, and Happy Lockdown
Jack

Geez, I wonder what my EX model Dmax is referred to then. 
Baldrick, your breath comes straight from Satan's bottom.

Offline jack-fc

• LS-U Member
« Reply #5 on: Jul 17, 2021, 07:43:43 PM »

Um..., Seshman, you wanted to see my trim...

These pics (if they appear??)(please dont blame me- I'm having a crack at this) were before I got the trim actually in the car. The 'model' (no sniggering please) sitting on the yet-to-be fitted seats is none other than the Leader of the Opposition, picher taken in my shed before trial fitting.

Is this sort of like the 'trim' you referred to?

Cheers, Jack

ps  if there ARE pichers, they are old ones that are already on the computer - I still cant get pics from the smart-arse phone onto here...

Offline jack-fc

• LS-U Member
« Reply #6 on: Jul 17, 2021, 07:51:04 PM »

And if pichers actually appeared, it's thanks to WAI4WD - I googled it, and got my 7 year old grandson to show me Youtube...
Thanks for the tip, and grandsons can be pretty handy, too.

Cheers, Jack

The following users thanked this post: WAI4WD

Offline Bob

• XRunner Member
  • 2014 LST Auto
« Reply #7 on: Jul 17, 2021, 08:33:42 PM »
Looks fab Jack, the seats look good as well.

I had an XW Falcon with bucket seats and re did the upholstery. Looked great till the X pranged it twice, the second time it did not come back :crybaby2:

Um..., Seshman, you wanted to see my trim...

Cheers, Jack

ps  if there ARE pichers, they are old ones that are already on the computer - I still cant get pics from the smart-arse phone onto here...
2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.

Offline Seshman

• LS-M Member
« Reply #8 on: Jul 17, 2021, 10:11:57 PM »
Evening Jack,

I feel bad now mate because I was having a joke, but thats some fine looking trims you've got there  :icon_thumleft:

I'm guessing its an old one, the car not the Shadow Minister  ;D

Grandson able to help you show us the outside of the car?

Simon
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline jack-fc

• LS-U Member
« Reply #9 on: Jul 18, 2021, 08:52:48 AM »

Don't feel bad, Simon; it's all just a bit of lighthearted humour to counteract Covid lockdown-induced trip cancellations and subsequent depression!
Re pics; I'll try....

These are old pics; I hadn't fitted the pearl white interior at that stage. Been a few other minor changes also, but i managed to find these, so they'll have to do.
I'm told I've got to take photos of the ute with my smartypants phone, then go to this forum from the phone (can't do that yet-just the computer) then I might be able to unload the ute pics to here??? Looks bloody difficult given my fat wobbly fingers and the tiny keyboard on the tiny screen...

Cheers, Jack
ps for those uneducated re old shitheap cars, it's 1959 FC Holden. Unfortunately, some silly demented old
    fart forgot which motor came out of it, and when rebuilding put the wrong bloody motor in it! Geez...
    But every cloud has a silver lining; it now does mid 14 quarters....  And Bob; bet you wish you still had
    the XW now!

The following users thanked this post: mux339

Offline jack-fc

• LS-U Member
« Reply #10 on: Jul 18, 2021, 09:00:07 AM »

Well, there ARE pichers, but they're bloody square! Don't know how that happened...
Anyhow, they got bigger (and complete) when I clicked on them. Try it for those that want to see the whole picher...

Sorry, Jack

Offline mudguard

• LS-U Member
  • Car Type: MUX
« Reply #11 on: Jul 18, 2021, 10:18:16 AM »
Hi Jack. The FC looks fantastic mate, ahhh memories , memories. My neighbour has a FB wagon and he got motors mixed up also and ended up with a 6 ltr  Commodore motor and hilux suspension and rear axle. Goes a tiny bit better than original.
2017 MU-X LSU Tour Mate . Tow bar, alloy bull bar, bonnet protector, side steps, carpet mats ,slimline window weather shields, redarc brake controller, redarc battery isolator ,RM6000 brake safe monitor,HDP Catch Can

Offline Bob

• XRunner Member
  • 2014 LST Auto
« Reply #12 on: Jul 18, 2021, 11:04:46 AM »
Sure do. I was the second owner and found it was a special build. It not only had 4 on the floor but it was the GT box rather than the normal, I only found this out when I went to change the clutch plate and could not get it in.

Also, the original owner had converted the fuel tank to 32 gallons by using the spare wheel recess as part of the tank.

Would have to be the second best car I have owned, D-Max takes first place.  :headbang:

And Bob; bet you wish you still had the XW now!

2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.

Offline WAI4WD

• XRunner Member
    • Wife & I 4WD
« Reply #13 on: Jul 18, 2021, 11:26:52 AM »
Sweet wheels Jack.

My brother restores old cars to use as his daily driver / drag car for his rest and relaxation time when not working. His first one was, I think, a HG ute, which he subsequently fitted 700hp too. The one he's working on now is an original old GTS Monaro, though he's dropping about 800hp+ into that one too. I remember the first one he got into street machine.
X-Terrain 2021 with a long list of to-do's.

The following users thanked this post: jack-fc

Offline Bob

• XRunner Member
  • 2014 LST Auto
« Reply #14 on: Jul 18, 2021, 12:20:02 PM »
If my memory serves me correctly the Monaro was a GTS, the Torana was the GTR. :occasion14:

Sweet wheels Jack.

My brother restores old cars to use as his daily driver / drag car for his rest and relaxation time when not working. His first one was, I think, a HG ute, which he subsequently fitted 700hp too. The one he's working on now is an original old GTR Monaro, though he's dropping about 800hp+ into that one too. I remember the first one he got into street machine.

The following users thanked this post: WAI4WD

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal