Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Our OzIsuzu Forums Merchandise  help keep our forum going! :icon_thumleft:

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Is Vic going into another lockdown?  (Read 10431 times)

Offline WAI4WD

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
    • Wife & I 4WD
Re: Is Vic going into another lockdown?
« Reply #45 on: Aug 16, 2021, 05:24:52 PM »
Damn... back to curfew for us. Don't ask Gladys though, according to her, NSW has the toughest lockdown settings in Australia and the world. We have 20 cases a day and getting curfew, she has 400 a day and still hasn't locked that city down tight.

Not sure if I want to scream for being more depressed from more lockdown, or that NSW is taking this so flippantly still at this point compared to all other states. If they don't succeed, we're all still screwed.
X-Terrain 2021 with a long list of to-do's.

Online Bob

• XRunner Member
  • 2014 LST Auto
« Reply #46 on: Aug 16, 2021, 05:52:02 PM »
If that is the case why are they still going without masks and going to the beach etc? :BangHead:

Damn... back to curfew for us. Don't ask Gladys though, according to her, NSW has the toughest lockdown settings in Australia and the world. We have 20 cases a day and getting curfew, she has 400 a day and still hasn't locked that city down tight.

Not sure if I want to scream for being more depressed from more lockdown, or that NSW is taking this so flippantly still at this point compared to all other states. If they don't succeed, we're all still screwed.
2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.

Offline WAI4WD

• XRunner Member
    • Wife & I 4WD
« Reply #47 on: Aug 16, 2021, 06:30:41 PM »
I wish we could drag the minority doing the wrong thing, lock them up for the duration of lockdown behind bars, then see how much they like that instead of living by some tough rules at home. These miniority muppets are doing damage all over the country. The last strain we got away with it. This one... doesn't seem that way.

Offline jack-fc

• LS-U Member
« Reply #48 on: Aug 16, 2021, 06:47:43 PM »

I live in country Vic more than 200 km from the nearest Covid areas. We are not in lockdown like Melbourne, although the only real difference is we can sit down at a restaurant and travel more than 5 km from home. Still wear masks. Still can't visit family or friends, can't sing, can't dance, no clicking of heels, laughing etc etc.
What really gets up our noses is that we are flooded by visitors from Melbourne. Lockdown??? Ring of Steel??? Yeah, right.....  :dontknow: :BangHead: :sad10:
Old Fart still pushing the envelope... but it remains stationery

Offline yvesjv

« Reply #49 on: Aug 17, 2021, 05:05:02 AM »
We joined the lockdown club yesterday for 3 days.

Somebody from NSW who tested positive took a trip from Sydney to Canberra and from there flew to Darwin.
He drove a few kilometres away into Katherine town for work purposes.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-16/nt-covid-update-hugh-heggie-michael-gunner/100354990

I'm getting my second shot this Sunday.
Then Monday fly to Tennant Creek for work... I'm not holding my breath  :BangHead:

Offline oldpiscator

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: MUX
« Reply #50 on: Aug 17, 2021, 09:04:34 AM »

I live in country Vic more than 200 km from the nearest Covid areas. We are not in lockdown like Melbourne, although the only real difference is we can sit down at a restaurant and travel more than 5 km from home. Still wear masks. Still can't visit family or friends, can't sing, can't dance, no clicking of heels, laughing etc etc.
What really gets up our noses is that we are flooded by visitors from Melbourne. Lockdown??? Ring of Steel??? Yeah, right.....  :dontknow: :BangHead: :sad10:
Melburnian idiots came to Geelong last weekend to attend pubs and restaurants. Twenty turned back at one venue.

Offline jack-fc

• LS-U Member
« Reply #51 on: Aug 17, 2021, 09:18:46 AM »

Yeah, over 100 refused entry to hotels in Warrnambool on Sat. night... And they are only some of the younger ones venturing out on the town; must be hundreds more in holiday houses, other accommodation, etc.
Soon they'll outnumber the locals (that's if they don't infect us and cause us to be locked down yet again, and when this inevitably happens there will no longer be any incentive for them to be here  :BangHead:)

Providing we are not back in lockdown by Friday, I'm heading bush for a week or two - well away from these idiots... However, the last four trips we had planned were smashed at the last moment by lockdowns or border closures, so look out country Vic - probably back in lockdown Thursday night!

Offline WAI4WD

• XRunner Member
    • Wife & I 4WD
« Reply #52 on: Aug 17, 2021, 09:21:02 AM »
It would piss me off too. I live in Melbourne and have no intention of leaving the area. Whilst I am fully vacinated, its still no excuse to put at risk everyone outside of Melbourne.
Melburnian idiots came to Geelong last weekend to attend pubs and restaurants. Twenty turned back at one venue.
Are these the young ones? Think rules don't apply to them?

Offline WAI4WD

• XRunner Member
    • Wife & I 4WD
« Reply #53 on: Aug 17, 2021, 09:23:25 AM »
Providing we are not back in lockdown by Friday, I'm heading bush for a week or two - well away from these idiots... However, the last four trips we had planned were smashed at the last moment by lockdowns or border closures, so look out country Vic - probably back in lockdown Thursday night!
Envious. Enjoy. We just had to cancel our Marysville holiday due to this lockdown. We have another one at Marysville in about 4 or 5 weeks the missus said... if lockdown allows.

I think it really sucks that people can't follow the damn rules for the greater good of all. Too many excuses being made.

Offline Seshman

• LS-M Member
« Reply #54 on: Aug 17, 2021, 01:19:09 PM »
Sadly it seems containment will never happen, even with all these economic collapse inducing lockdowns. Why people can't just get on with doing their own thing and take some personal responsibility for their own health is beyond me.
Don't want to vax? Fine, have some potentially lifelong issues if you do survive a bout of it.
Want to vax? Cool! Just realise you can still get and pass along Covid and it mightn't protect from all strains.

Its government overreach at its finest and everyone seems to be okay with it, thats what boggles my mind the most.

And for the record i've had my first jab, so don't come at me like i'm an anti-vaxer conspiracy theorist.  :nono:

Simon
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

The following users thanked this post: sdouglas

Offline jack-fc

• LS-U Member
« Reply #55 on: Aug 17, 2021, 01:40:45 PM »
Simon

I wholeheartedly agree with all you've said above. And I've now had both jabs, just because, hopefully, I might be able to be let loose.

Cheers, Jack

Offline WAI4WD

• XRunner Member
    • Wife & I 4WD
« Reply #56 on: Aug 17, 2021, 02:42:31 PM »
I agree with everything, other than whats not being said above.

Not everyone has had the opportunity to get vacinnated yet. There is a global shortage. Not anyones fault. Its a global pandemic. It would not have mattered how much Pfizer the Government ordered last year, or AZ, or Moderna, the vacinnes themselves are in short supply, high demand, globally. We would be exactly where we are right now still - more arms than vacine availability.

We started with the most at risk and have worked our way down to kids. Original strain didn't affect youth much, now this Delta one does. Apparently the other new one is even worse than Delta. How long before it finds its way here?

I think the world is frustrated. Its not limited to Australia. Unfortunately, all Australians need to be less selfish for the rest of this year until we can get all those who want a jab, jabbed. Then those who do not, suck it up and they suffer the consequences of their own decisions.

Right now... a lot of people haven't been given a fair right to make that choice.

Offline jack-fc

• LS-U Member
« Reply #57 on: Aug 17, 2021, 03:58:13 PM »

True; being a genuine 'Old Fart', I had no trouble getting both AZ jabs (gave up on the official govt phone booking system, ditto with the online booking - absolutely hopeless. We did walkups both times; no problem at all). One of my sons got in real early for both Pfiezer jabs; no probs. But the other son wasn't as quick off the mark and has only just recently got his first Pfiezer. Just about anyone can walk in for an AZ jab down here at any time. Still have to wait 12 weeks for the second AZ though...
I can and do sympathise with those who want a jab but can't get it just yet.
I have zero sympathy for those who blatantly break the rules and travel out of their lockdown area.

The following users thanked this post: WAI4WD, murray2021

Offline Seshman

• LS-M Member
« Reply #58 on: Aug 17, 2021, 05:12:19 PM »
Theres only a shortage on the Pfizer because the government decided (unnamed parties, where does big pharma play into this decision?) to only setup production of AZ. There's more than enough AZ in the country to get us over the miracle threshold, but people don't want to be forced into using the least tested, unknown vaccine on the market.
An old adage about all your eggs in one basket comes to mind.

Stupid that they closed down the development at Queensland Uni, imagine what they might of come up with over 18 months of solid government funded development.

Simon
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Navigator

« Reply #59 on: Aug 17, 2021, 05:46:17 PM »
Theres only a shortage on the Pfizer because the government decided (unnamed parties, where does big pharma play into this decision?) to only setup production of AZ. There's more than enough AZ in the country to get us over the miracle threshold, but people don't want to be forced into using the least tested, unknown vaccine on the market.
An old adage about all your eggs in one basket comes to mind.

Stupid that they closed down the development at Queensland Uni, imagine what they might of come up with over 18 months of solid government funded development.

Simon

We don't currently have the ability to manufacture Pfizer's vaccine in this country as I understand it.  We can (and now do) manufacture AZ.  That, and the less stringent storage/handling requirements of AZ, were, I believe, the reasons for selecting it originally as first choice.  I'm no fan of Scotty from marketing, but to be fair, based on the information they had at the time, its hard to criticise the choice without the benefit of hindsight I think.

The following users thanked this post: WAI4WD

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal