Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Our OzIsuzu Forums Merchandise  help keep our forum going! :icon_thumleft:

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Is Vic going into another lockdown?  (Read 10240 times)

Offline yvesjv

Re: Is Vic going into another lockdown?
« Reply #30 on: Jul 23, 2021, 04:29:51 PM »
Just saw the news: Gladys is calling it a "National Emergency"  :dontknow:

Don't think that will be forgotten soon:
https://mobile.twitter.com/DrBlackVelvet/status/1413624954537476096

Maybe we should give NSW our Gunner and his crew to stop the Delta strain.
Feel sorry for you lot stuck in NSW  :icon_salut:

The following users thanked this post: WAI4WD

Offline yvesjv

« Reply #31 on: Jul 24, 2021, 08:23:43 AM »
Guys, no joke: get everyone you know including you and your close ones vaccinated asap!
The yanks are fighting an uphill battle:
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/22/delta-variant-is-one-of-the-most-infectious-respiratory-diseases-known-cdc-director-says-.html

I cannot wait for my first jab... and I hate needles.

Offline WAI4WD

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
    • Wife & I 4WD
« Reply #32 on: Jul 24, 2021, 09:06:38 AM »
I think the NSW premier needs to start taking this more seriously than she is. Ring of steel that entire area, lock everyone down, not just certain areas.
X-Terrain 2021 with a long list of to-do's.

Offline xcvator

« Reply #33 on: Jul 24, 2021, 10:50:45 AM »
Guys, no joke: get everyone you know including you and your close ones vaccinated asap!
The yanks are fighting an uphill battle:
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/22/delta-variant-is-one-of-the-most-infectious-respiratory-diseases-known-cdc-director-says-.html

I cannot wait for my first jab... and I hate needles.

I've had my 2 Astra shots, didn't even know the nurse had done it
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

Offline Seshman

• LS-M Member
« Reply #34 on: Jul 24, 2021, 03:02:33 PM »
I think the NSW premier needs to start taking this more seriously than she is. Ring of steel that entire area, lock everyone down, not just certain areas.

They have, the whole Greater Sydney area is pretty much locked down. They've shut down most everything except food/grocery shops and the post office.

Simon
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

The following users thanked this post: yvesjv

Offline WAI4WD

• XRunner Member
    • Wife & I 4WD
« Reply #35 on: Jul 24, 2021, 04:08:00 PM »
No, they're garbage rules that allow each person to decide for themselves.

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/greater-sydney#greater-sydney-restrictions

You don't even need to wear facemasks outside. You get to decide when to wear them if you feel social distancing is not met. WTF.

Up until a week ago, louis vuitton was still an essential service and open to the public. She hasn't taken it seriously from the get go, and still isn't, because she still doesn't have adequate commonsense restrictions in place to stop it.

Every other state goes harder and stops it. She refuses to implement the tougher restrictions others are using.

The following users thanked this post: oldpiscator, yvesjv

Offline Seshman

• LS-M Member
« Reply #36 on: Jul 25, 2021, 01:38:00 AM »
Just need to learn to live with it. Covid isn't something new and it isn't going away.

Simon

*I went on a rant before posting and decided to shorten it.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

The following users thanked this post: maxs ss

Offline yvesjv

« Reply #37 on: Jul 25, 2021, 04:34:05 AM »
Just need to learn to live with it. Covid isn't something new and it isn't going away.
Let's get as many as possible vaccinated.
The blatant/ongoing incompetence of Scomo, Gladys and Co will seriously hurt anyone not getting the jabs.

Interestingly Germans are recommending to mix the jabs.
Last I spoke about it with my GP, appears the discussion has already started here in Aus for similar... but don't hold your breath for any progress with the current lot in charge of the commonwealth
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/02/health/germany-covid-vaccines-mixing-intl/index.html

Online JS

• LS-T Member
« Reply #38 on: Jul 25, 2021, 09:14:06 AM »
Trouble is, when we vote, we still end up with a politician ......... and very few of them are competent at anything other than being a politician.
And the premiers are only concerned with their state ..... and to hell with the rest of Australia.
It's all quite depressing.

Got my first AZ jab on Friday. Still kicking on Sunday, so hope all is well !!!

Cheers
Jim

Cheers
Jim
2015 LST Auto, Drifta Drawers, Isuzu steel Bullbar,
Ironman Pro foam shocks, King springs, 30mm lift, Flexiglass canopy, Nilrust spray underbody and in tray

The following users thanked this post: yvesjv

Offline tom60

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: MUX
« Reply #39 on: Jul 25, 2021, 11:11:26 AM »
I think all states (apart from NSW) learned from Victoria's slow response and long lockdown last year.  Go early and hard before it spreads.  The Federal government made two major mistakes.  1.  Relying solely on AZ and the Uni of Qld.  Deciding to take the responsibility for the vaccination rollout away from the states, when the states had a well tested and used process whilst the Feds had none!

Meanwhile, yesterday in Sydney a mass freedom march occurred with unmasked people in close proximity.  It will only take one of them to be infectious (highly likely) and it will have been a 'super spreader' event.  The turkeys have voted for christmas.

There will continue to be lockdowns until at least 80% of the population is vaccinated and Aust achieves 'herd immunity'.

Due for my 2nd AZ shot on Wednesday.

The following users thanked this post: yvesjv, WAI4WD

Offline Ian G

• LS-U Member
  • Car Type: MUX
« Reply #40 on: Jul 25, 2021, 11:22:33 AM »
I get my second AZ jab in a couple of weeks, no problems with the first.
Notice the Gov has secured another 85 million Pfizer shots for delivery next year, offering a third booster shot to everyone regardless of which jabs you have had previously.
Will be interesting to see how the cases occur from the rally in NSW yesterday !!!
Ian

Offline WAI4WD

• XRunner Member
    • Wife & I 4WD
« Reply #41 on: Jul 25, 2021, 12:23:13 PM »
Trouble is, when we vote, we still end up with a politician
Amen Jim.

Offline WAI4WD

• XRunner Member
    • Wife & I 4WD
« Reply #42 on: Jul 25, 2021, 12:31:02 PM »
Yer, I think this Delta variant is just a whole new level. All the other states (except NSW) are taking this variant far more serious than the last, which we learnt from experience, was not as transmissable as originally thought, and just imposing masks at all times seemed to curb it for the most part from stranger to stranger transmission. This Delta one but... like damn, its jumping from random to random with the blow of the wind it seems.

NSW not having to wear masks outdoors is just nuts. If you told me I didn't have to wear a mask when outside, I wouldn't be. And I don't. I enjoy walking my dogs each day without a mask. I wear one now and put up with it because I walk past lots of people and Delta is out of the box. When they say I don't have to, I won't, but I'll still be walking past all these random strangers. At no point do I stop when approaching a random stranger, put on my mask because I can't social distance for a few seconds, then remove it after the fact. This was fine for the normal variant, but does not seem so for Delta.

NSW is crazy nuts and IMHO I think they're going to keep getting worse results until they take this far more seriously and lock down hard. If it does go down based on current restrictions, I think a lot of luck was present, but still think people are going to be locked down longer than they need to be as a result of the more laxed restrictions Sydney are within compared to how every other state handles Delta outbreaks.

As one living in Melbourne and having to endure all the lockdowns we have, I honestly feel for those in Sydney enduring this. I really hope it doesn't get worse for them and extend their lockdown time, as we were pretty stir crazy after 4 months lockdown.

Offline yvesjv

« Reply #43 on: Jul 31, 2021, 05:22:21 AM »
I think this Delta variant is just a whole new level. All the other states (except NSW) are taking this variant far more serious than the last, which we learnt from experience, was not as transmissable as originally thought, and just imposing masks at all times seemed to curb it for the most part from stranger to stranger transmission. This Delta one but... like damn, its jumping from random to random with the blow of the wind it seems.

The yanks have reported that is spreads as easily as chickenpox,,,
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/29/cdc-mask-guidance/

Offline WAI4WD

• XRunner Member
    • Wife & I 4WD
« Reply #44 on: Jul 31, 2021, 07:03:35 AM »
I despise how Americans call everything a war. Argh! But damn... this is a nasty variant and the more data they release seems to just show how bad it is.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal