General Boards > Off Topic

Is Vic going into another lockdown?

<< < (3/22) > >>

Seshman:

--- Quote from: Bob on Jun 27, 2021, 02:02:23 PM ---Hopefully we can take off next year in the van for a few months once everyone is vaccinated.

--- End quote ---

Dreaming with this failed rollout. Too many people are spooked by all these side effects that are slowly coming to the fore from the guinea pigs that went first.
I'd be surprised to see australia at a 50% vaccination rate by the end of the year. They should of not lumped all their eggs in the one AZ basket and gave people options. People being railroaded tend to push back, which is what we're seeing with so many people saying no to the Astra Zeneca jab.

On the topic of travelling though, hopefully these NSW shenanigans go away soon so we can all get back to business as usual and can travel to see loved ones again.

Simon

yvesjv:

--- Quote from: Seshman on Jun 27, 2021, 07:28:10 PM ---They should of not lumped all their eggs in the one AZ basket and gave people options. People being railroaded tend to push back, which is what we're seeing with so many people saying no to the Astra Zeneca jab.

--- End quote ---
And back in 2020, it was spilled why Scotty from marketing did so
https://www.crikey.com.au/2020/08/20/from-lib-staffer-to-big-pharma-an-unsurprising-journey-of-lobbying-at-work/

At the beginning of the year  we were having a Teams meeting including one member stuck in South Africa and he then mentioned they stopped the rollout because it was useless against the variants.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-55999678

Guess I'll have to wait for the pfizer or better but with lobbyists running the show, I'm not holding my breath.

--- Quote from: Seshman on Jun 27, 2021, 07:28:10 PM ---On the topic of travelling though, hopefully these NSW shenanigans go away soon so we can all get back to business as usual and can travel to see loved ones again.

--- End quote ---
Been stuck for awhile now and can't wait for a semblance of normality nationwide  so we can travel again... WA/Ningaloo is calling!

WAI4WD:
Yah... lockdown again. Good times. Not.

Bob:
Anyone doing interstate travel must be getting very worried.

We are hoping next year might be better that's if everyone gets the jab but then again the are reports of some having it and still getting infected :dontknow:

WAI4WD:
Yer... vacinnation would be nice for the whole country. I'm fully done, 2 x Pfizer.

Everytime we have even a small trip booked, this crap happens. It seems we're the unluckiest people to book away time. We just keep changing them forward, and each time so far, we keep ending up in lockdown. We're not even booking for long, just weekends away, and we can't achieve that. With the next availability for a place where we want to go, BAM, lockdown happens again or borders close. Either one...

We ended up booking a crappy little place once this year, over-priced for what it was, at short notice just to ensure we could actually get away for a weekend in the mountains. We have two cavoodles, so our bookings are limited due to the fluffy puppies coming with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version