Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Our OzIsuzu Forums Merchandise  help keep our forum going! :icon_thumleft:

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Is Vic going into another lockdown?  (Read 10256 times)

Offline yvesjv

Is Vic going into another lockdown?
« on: Jun 25, 2021, 04:32:16 PM »
Hi all,

Is it?
My Finance Minister is off to Melbourne during the school holidays next week.
If Vic goes into lock-down while she's there, it's going to be hard not going fishing when she's back after a whole week and then in quarantine for another two weeks!  :crybaby2:

Offline WAI4WD

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
    • Wife & I 4WD
Re: Is Vic going into another lockdown?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 2021, 04:51:38 PM »
Mate, if its as contagious as they say, then it wouldn't surprise me if we're getting locked down again. Vic won't wait as long as Sydney did... they will do a 3 or 5 day lockdown the moment we get more cases linked to this twit who brought it down here from Sydney.

We're supposed to be in Qld next weekend for a wedding, and I thought we weren't getting their with the last lockdown, and more Qld border restrictions, but having lifted today, we're just hoping nothing bad happens in the next 5 days so we can escape for a wedding ourselves.
X-Terrain 2021 with a long list of to-do's.

Offline Seshman

• LS-M Member
« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2021, 07:48:28 PM »
Isn't it part of that moronic couples escapade from Melbourne, who decided to head to Queensland via every semi-urban town on the way?!  ;D
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline WAI4WD

• XRunner Member
    • Wife & I 4WD
« Reply #3 on: Jun 26, 2021, 06:43:35 PM »
The pair should have been put in jail for a month, just to teach a lesson and deterrent for all future morons. They have a $8k odd fine, but that's getting off easy IMO.

The issue isn't covid. This issue is morons. The moment we get an outbreak somewhere, morons leave town to escape a lockdown, which is in the interest of everyone. But nooooo... morons think they're special, jump ship and spread it across states.

Sharing isn't caring when its Covid, just farts and other stupid crap.

The following users thanked this post: yvesjv

Offline Stubbyhold3r

• SX Member
  • Car Type: MUX
« Reply #4 on: Jun 27, 2021, 08:52:22 AM »
The issue isn't covid. This issue is morons. The moment we get an outbreak somewhere, morons leave town to escape a lockdown, which is in the interest of everyone. But nooooo... morons think they're special, jump ship and spread it across states.

Sharing isn't caring when its Covid, just farts and other stupid crap.

Not just Joe Citizen, but 'the power's that be' as well, eg:

Son is (at this point) suppose to be flying to Tassie tomorrow. I'm driving him to shitney airport from the far sth coast NSW and dropping him off.
I'm not allowed to stop at any shops or venues etc, but can stop at a servo - not that I will lol. People in hotspot and surrounds are also allowed to stop at them same servos.
His early morning flight was cancelled "due to covid", but he can catch another flight later in the day....nar, I can't see the rationale either!
2nd Owner (06/2021).....MY15.5 LS-T MU-X

Offline yvesjv

« Reply #5 on: Jun 27, 2021, 01:51:03 PM »
And Darwin, Palmerston and Litchfield is now in a 48Hr lockdown as of 1pm today.

Was in wollies which was quiet for a Sunday morning and suddenly it just turned into an absolute circus, people, cars, etc coming in from all doors, yes from everywhere.
The queue to get into the shop was that long it started from the carpark.
By the time we tried to drive out of the carpark, it was pure mayhem in/out and around the shopping center.

The better half is furious as she was meant to fly out this Tuesday.
I'm just cut about it.
I went out and bought a nice lure this morning...  :BangHead:

Just heard Perth too?

Offline Bob

• XRunner Member
  • 2014 LST Auto
« Reply #6 on: Jun 27, 2021, 02:02:23 PM »
Hope you stocked up on dunny rolls :dontknow:

I think anyone wanting to travel interstate needs to be prepared to be stuffed around at the drop of a hat.

We were due to fly out to USA on 17/03/2020 for 8 weeks and it was Black Friday 13/03/2020 when all the $hit hit the fan.

Hopefully we can take off next year in the van for a few months once everyone is vaccinated.
2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.

Offline Bookleaf

• LS-U Member
  • Car Type: MUX
« Reply #7 on: Jun 27, 2021, 02:18:17 PM »
"it's the morons"
How about the Mine works now in Darwin workers were tod to isolate and now they are "uncontactable".
Or the 14 workers who also have vanished - "uncontactable" (though they may just have gone off-line just as there was the first notification of the virus up there).

Some people are selfishly just looking after #1
White MUX- LSM, Dig-Options GPS and reversing camera, Anderson plug & VSR. Bent front number plate and various scratches and knocks underneath from 4wd-ing.

The following users thanked this post: JackDriver

Offline yvesjv

« Reply #8 on: Jun 27, 2021, 02:19:56 PM »
Hopefully we can take off next year in the van for a few months once everyone is vaccinated.

I like your humour  :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
Scotty from Marketing is probably off to Hawai again and sayin stuff like "I don't hold the needle mate"
Been trying to book in for awhile now and it is always this below

Apparently we've run out of vaccines.

Offline WAI4WD

• XRunner Member
    • Wife & I 4WD
« Reply #9 on: Jun 27, 2021, 05:05:40 PM »
I get my second Pfizer on Tuesday... looking forward to the end of that process. Wasn't that bad, but took nearly 200 call attempts to get the first one booked in. They had it a bit more sorted when I called for the second, but couldn't get in at that same place because they hadn't released bookings, so had to travel a bit further... but overall, not a tragic process. Was very fast when at the mass vaccine hub.
"it's the morons"
How about the Mine works now in Darwin workers were tod to isolate and now they are "uncontactable".
Typical Darwin. In the pubs drinking on the main street. About the only thing there is to do in Darwin... I guess you can take the same process to the beach, fish and drink... not much beyond that to do last I was there for any months. We spent a lot of time in a pub on main street drinking, soaking up the cool sprayer.

Offline Seshman

• LS-M Member
« Reply #10 on: Jun 27, 2021, 07:28:10 PM »

Dreaming with this failed rollout. Too many people are spooked by all these side effects that are slowly coming to the fore from the guinea pigs that went first.
I'd be surprised to see australia at a 50% vaccination rate by the end of the year. They should of not lumped all their eggs in the one AZ basket and gave people options. People being railroaded tend to push back, which is what we're seeing with so many people saying no to the Astra Zeneca jab.

On the topic of travelling though, hopefully these NSW shenanigans go away soon so we can all get back to business as usual and can travel to see loved ones again.

Simon
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline yvesjv

« Reply #11 on: Jun 28, 2021, 05:04:14 AM »
They should of not lumped all their eggs in the one AZ basket and gave people options. People being railroaded tend to push back, which is what we're seeing with so many people saying no to the Astra Zeneca jab.
And back in 2020, it was spilled why Scotty from marketing did so
https://www.crikey.com.au/2020/08/20/from-lib-staffer-to-big-pharma-an-unsurprising-journey-of-lobbying-at-work/

At the beginning of the year  we were having a Teams meeting including one member stuck in South Africa and he then mentioned they stopped the rollout because it was useless against the variants.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-55999678

Guess I'll have to wait for the pfizer or better but with lobbyists running the show, I'm not holding my breath.

On the topic of travelling though, hopefully these NSW shenanigans go away soon so we can all get back to business as usual and can travel to see loved ones again.
Been stuck for awhile now and can't wait for a semblance of normality nationwide  so we can travel again... WA/Ningaloo is calling!

Offline WAI4WD

• XRunner Member
    • Wife & I 4WD
« Reply #12 on: Jul 15, 2021, 06:19:16 PM »
Yah... lockdown again. Good times. Not.

Offline Bob

• XRunner Member
  • 2014 LST Auto
« Reply #13 on: Jul 15, 2021, 06:58:16 PM »
Anyone doing interstate travel must be getting very worried.

We are hoping next year might be better that's if everyone gets the jab but then again the are reports of some having it and still getting infected :dontknow:
2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.

Offline WAI4WD

• XRunner Member
    • Wife & I 4WD
« Reply #14 on: Jul 15, 2021, 07:07:47 PM »
Yer... vacinnation would be nice for the whole country. I'm fully done, 2 x Pfizer.

Everytime we have even a small trip booked, this crap happens. It seems we're the unluckiest people to book away time. We just keep changing them forward, and each time so far, we keep ending up in lockdown. We're not even booking for long, just weekends away, and we can't achieve that. With the next availability for a place where we want to go, BAM, lockdown happens again or borders close. Either one...

We ended up booking a crappy little place once this year, over-priced for what it was, at short notice just to ensure we could actually get away for a weekend in the mountains. We have two cavoodles, so our bookings are limited due to the fluffy puppies coming with.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal