General Boards > Off Topic

Optus Mobile Coverage Oz wide

(1/4) > >>

BlackandBlue:
Hi all, first post here...looking for feedback/comments on Optus coverage Australia wide, will i need coverage booster for future trips? Considering Cel Fi Go Optus Repeater/Booster for my 2020 Dmax LS-U(do i need one?)...your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Black and Blue

WAI4WD:
I know the Telstra Cel-Fi Go works well for picking up 3G, especially when mounting the aerial nice and high. Optus and Vodafone have spotty 3G coverage at best, so not sure on that network. Saying that, there are just places nothing other than Satellite will work.

JS:
I think most people looking for the best Australian coverage go with Telstra. Optus, Vodafone etc have patchy outback coverage at best.

Cheers
Jim

Bob:
Agree with Jim, Telstra has by far the largest network.

Just to clarify, the Cel-Fi is for the 3G, 4G and 4GX networks.

glenm64:
Even those onsellers that "use Telstras network" dont have all the 3G coverage of Telstra network.
That said there are the odd spots with Optus only coverage.
Ive tried signal boosters and chucked them in the bin. I havent tried the Cel-fi. But they cant magically make the signal appear, they just boost what is there.
I use a Thuraya satellite phone on their casual plan when going remote. Gives peace of mind when im travelling remote. Their rates are good and I just cancel it when I'm back home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version