General Boards > OzIsuzu Forum Bulletin Board

Forum Security Error

(1/5) > >>

DannyG:
Apologies to anyone effected by the security certificate error we had today.

Our site security certificate is set to auto renew, which it did, however I didn't realise I had to update the site to use the newly renewed certificate.

All sorted now. There was no threat even though some browsers will suggest there was, they do that purely because they see that the certificate was expired.

Bob:
Thanks Danny, I knew you would be onto it. :occasion14:

DannyG:
Hi Guys

Some will have noticed our security certificate has expired again and Its happened while I am away  :sad10:

Ill sort it out later in the week when I have time to work through the process of updating the site to see the new certificate.

Sorry for any inconvenience. Your user information is safely stored in an encrypted database so its causing no harm.

WAI4WD:

--- Quote from: DannyG on Jul 17, 2022, 07:52:00 PM ---Your user information is safely stored in an encrypted database so its causing no harm.

--- End quote ---
No its not, just FYI. Simple Machines DB is not encrypted. Using SSL does not encrypt DB data. SSL encrypts content being sent between the user and the server. All data at both ends is plain text. All the info in the server DB is there for the taking if hacked. Edit: Quick search, SMF it seems still only use SHA-1 for password hashing, which is broken and completely insecure for even storing passwords.

Have you looked at using Cloudflare? Free CDN, free SSL, DDOS, and much more. All free. You don't have to worry about renewing SSL, as you download their SSL to secure between your server and cloudflare, then Cloudflare auto renew freely the user cert between the browser and cloudflare. The fastest DNS of all providers. It will dramatically improve speed and performance of this site for all users.

Bob:
Came good for a while but is now doing it again :BangHead:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version