General Boards > OzIsuzu Forum Bulletin Board

Connection issues with the www.ozisuzu.com.au web server

<< < (17/17)

irose:

--- Quote from: DannyG on Apr 03, 2020, 08:48:15 AM ---
--- Quote from: irose on Apr 03, 2020, 09:49:47 AM ---
BGP routing from service providers connection to the Internet.

--- End quote ---

So the service providers are responsible for all the hops from our houses until it actually gets to the server?

--- End quote ---

BGP is a routing protocol that the Internet uses. Service providers (and large organisations) will implement it at the router that connects to the Internet. BGP will dynamically determine the best/most reliable path to the destination host.

Also, I'm on the forum several times a day and I have not had a problem. I would have thought if it was at the server end I would have experienced it at least once. But I could be just lucky!

Ian

Richard Puller:
I haven't had a timeout since March 25 .

yvesjv:

--- Quote from: DannyG on Apr 06, 2020, 09:50:24 AM ---When you say 'their' do you mean your ISP?

--- End quote ---

No, I meant them.

After the packets hopped from 148.72.204.1, notice how the next hops are all 10.242.0.'some-number' until finally reaching the shared server at 166.62.6.79.
These ip addresses starting with 10. are ip addresses that are meant to only be used inside your network and un-routable on the internet (www). We drop all these packets by default on our internet firewalls.
There are other common IP addresses that are also un-routable, most commonly known starts  with 176. and 192.

Ian is right with these guys using external BGP, it is detected as the uniquely assigned number being 26496. This webpage shows Godaddy has direct connectivity with Telstra https://bgpview.io/asn/26496#peers-v4
It would be a wild guess towards what they are using for IGP... don't want to know either. :evil6:

For some reason, the Linux tool I use to check on them traces the path to the shared server and reports on all the hops taken to reach it.

The connectivity is good for me at the moment and sure hope it doesn't turn into another yoyo again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version