Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: OzIsuzu Forums... your friendly :hello: place to chat about all things Isuzu.

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Connection issues with the www.ozisuzu.com.au web server  (Read 13364 times)

Offline DannyG

• Administrator
  • XRunner Member
    • DannyG.com
Re: Connection issues with the www.ozisuzu.com.au web server
« Reply #15 on: Mar 20, 2020, 04:24:35 PM »
Do they have some sort of loadbalancer or firewall in front of the IP 166.62.6.79?
I tried to do a simple telnet test and that failed
$ telnet www.ozisuzu.com.au 443
Trying 166.62.6.79...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out

Interesting when I try it from a test site in Europe, it doesn't fail... try testing 443 (https) at
https://ping.eu/port-chk/

I have no idea sorry. All I know is that the IP you have posted is to our shared server. I can do a ping from here no problems?
"People will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"

Offline yvesjv

« Reply #16 on: Mar 20, 2020, 05:01:35 PM »
Sorry Danny, ping are looking good at the moment.
Looked up if they have a few servers at that IP and yes, quite a few https://securitytrails.com/list/ip/166.62.6.79

Something else is going on and that's tricky when the web server is supported by someone else in the US or Singapour...

I think the guys and I can keep digging when we can.  ;)

Offline DannyG

• Administrator
  • XRunner Member
    • DannyG.com
« Reply #17 on: Mar 20, 2020, 05:11:38 PM »
Sorry Danny, ping are looking good at the moment.
Looked up if they have a few servers at that IP and yes, quite a few https://securitytrails.com/list/ip/166.62.6.79

Something else is going on and that's tricky when the web server is supported by someone else in the US or Singapour...

I think the guys and I can keep digging when we can.  ;)

Thanks yeh Im pretty sure Godaddy's shared servers have around 1500 customers on them.

Im still leaning towards our SSL arrangement which I think is a UK company, although the server tech guy looked at it and said it all seems fine. He suggested its not something that is random...it either works or it is not working at all times.

Hopefully someone more tech savvy will nut it out for us!!
"People will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"

Offline yvesjv

« Reply #18 on: Mar 21, 2020, 04:58:28 AM »
Has anyone performed any upgrades/maintenance recently?
Turning on the firefox developer tools appears to show the random stall occurring when performing a http get request for a document
Also occurred when performing a http post...
You'll need a webserver developer to troubleshoot where the issues are...

Offline Gav62

• LS-M Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
  • MY18 LSM Crew Cab
« Reply #19 on: Mar 21, 2020, 07:03:24 AM »
Don't know if this helps. I haven't noticed any issues. Am using Chrome as my browser
Version 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Offline Chris1988

« Reply #20 on: Mar 21, 2020, 10:12:30 AM »
Out of curiosity, people having issues, please post who your internet provider is, there maybe a trend with a provider not having enough capacity with the increase in isolation.
I am with Telstra at both home and mobile and haven't experienced any issues yet.

Offline ajm

« Reply #21 on: Mar 21, 2020, 11:16:29 AM »
I just had a "please create a tapatalk account" when trying to attach pics to my last post (about interchangeable grills DMAX to MUX. BTW, they are different). Could post without issue, just not upload the images.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Offline DannyG

• Administrator
  • XRunner Member
    • DannyG.com
« Reply #22 on: Mar 21, 2020, 11:43:12 AM »
Has anyone performed any upgrades/maintenance recently?
Turning on the firefox developer tools appears to show the random stall occurring when performing a http get request for a document
Also occurred when performing a http post...
You'll need a webserver developer to troubleshoot where the issues are...

Our forums software was updated quite a while ago. Everything has been working great up until this week.
Can you please try another browser and see if you get the same errors?

Don't know if this helps. I haven't noticed any issues. Am using Chrome as my browser
Version 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Me too and I also have had zero issues.

Out of curiosity, people having issues, please post who your internet provider is, there maybe a trend with a provider not having enough capacity with the increase in isolation.
I am with Telstra at both home and mobile and haven't experienced any issues yet.

Good idea, this is what the server tech support man suggested also.

I also use telstra (wifi nbn) and even though at has been very very congested at times, pages do load eventually!! There has been a really obvious slow down since all the restrictions have come into place.

I just had a "please create a tapatalk account" when trying to attach pics to my last post (about interchangeable grills DMAX to MUX. BTW, they are different). Could post without issue, just not upload the images.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Hmm thats a totally different issue. I do have the tapatalk prompt turned on so thats normal but not being able to upload images is not normal. We do have a 3rd party image uploader installed into our forums software that can be a bit dodgy at times and our in house image uploader has a lot of size restrictions.

Thanks for all the help.

I am thinking it is not as bad as I first thought. The original gent who contacted seems to have solved his issues with a cache clean on is browser and we dont appear to be getting inundated with people having the slow down problem. I am starting to wonder if Chris1988 and the server tech guy is onto the actual issue.

Just for the record we are not getting any errors in our forums software log or on our servers log. We are getting our usual amount of traffic and log ins per day.

But lets keep an eye on it.

Offline newdmax41

• SX Member
« Reply #23 on: Mar 21, 2020, 02:26:33 PM »
I have had issues the last few days : timed out, 15 seconds to load , get the S#$ts and close the window ,
when i reopen the site , if i have to log on again , the unread posts are gone .
I'm using firefox , a month or 6 week old nbn conection with internode ( iinet ? )
started fine today but after 2 unread posts , timed out on the third , now slow again
Did a cache clean before logging on again, no trouble with any other site .  :BangHead:

Offline DannyG

• Administrator
  • XRunner Member
    • DannyG.com
« Reply #24 on: Mar 21, 2020, 02:49:50 PM »
Are all the people using firefox able to test on chrome or another browser just as a process of elimination? We may have a compatibility issue with firefox?

A quick google suggests firefox is having a lot of time out issues. Many people are asking how to increase the timeo out time.
Id take a punt here and say maybe due to the network congestion issues the world is having at the moment perhaps browsers that have a smaller time out limit are in fact timing out before the nescasary items are loading??

I am of course guessing!! Im off to download firefox and see if I can get the issue.

Offline xcvator

« Reply #25 on: Mar 21, 2020, 03:26:52 PM »
Microsoft edge......cannot reach this page, check address

Firefox............timed out cannot connect with server ( after clearing cache )

Chrome.......comes up quickly, but can't login
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

Offline Chris1988

« Reply #26 on: Mar 21, 2020, 03:53:06 PM »
xcvator, do you get errors logging in with chrome, like a timeout of something like that?
When chrome loads, if you try again in firefox or edge, does it still fail to connect?

Offline mux339

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: MUX
« Reply #27 on: Mar 21, 2020, 04:39:25 PM »
Are all the people using firefox able to test on chrome or another browser just as a process of elimination? We may have a compatibility issue with firefox?

A quick google suggests firefox is having a lot of time out issues. Many people are asking how to increase the timeo out time.
Id take a punt here and say maybe due to the network congestion issues the world is having at the moment perhaps browsers that have a smaller time out limit are in fact timing out before the nescasary items are loading??

I am of course guessing!! Im off to download firefox and see if I can get the issue.

Hi Danny,

I'm currently logged in using both Chrome and Firefox simultaneously. No issues evident, and both browsers responding with same speed.

I have not experienced more or less time outs with Firefox across the board. Posted this using Firefox, but I usually use Chrome to work on the forum. I commonly use Firefox for more sensitive or secure stuff like banking.

Cheers
Russ
2016 MY15 MU-X LST 4x4 Auto | OEM steel bullbar | OEM snorkel | HR tow bar

Offline newdmax41

• SX Member
« Reply #28 on: Mar 21, 2020, 11:41:13 PM »
Tried chrome, page loaded the second time, after first saying" this site cannot be reached " but then it did
Logged on ok , clicked on unread post , " this site cannot be reached "  again :dontknow:
No other issues with other bookmarked sites on firefox.

Offline mewgaf

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: MUX
  • If I wake up, it’s a good day.
    • Prostate Trek Inc.
« Reply #29 on: Mar 22, 2020, 03:10:26 AM »
Yvesjv
You seem to be knowledgeable at the ip layer maybe we could help Danny out if we put our heads together.
I did some looking into this a while ago, but I have not had a problem since.
The problem I saw was that the certificate was only being served if you went to the root directory.

Cheers
Mark
Have you had a PSA blood test lately.
This could save your life.
Prostate Cancer is no joke.
https://prostatetrek.org.au

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal