Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Read Off-road destination Tips :cup: in Trips Old and Planning!

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Chemo. Has anyone else in this gone through this?  (Read 3945 times)

Offline mewgaf

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: MUX
  • If I wake up, it’s a good day.
    • Prostate Trek Inc.
Re: Chemo. Has anyone else in this gone through this?
« Reply #15 on: Mar 29, 2020, 08:33:09 AM »
My 67' val I travelled around aus in.
Been up and down more 4wd tracks then I would care to remember and creek crossings.

Have you had a PSA blood test lately.
This could save your life.
Prostate Cancer is no joke.
https://prostatetrek.org.au

Offline maxs ss

• LS-U Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
« Reply #16 on: Mar 29, 2020, 09:55:45 AM »
Hi Tremayne
It's prostate cancer which has metastasized through most of my right hand side and into the pelvis.
I know I will beat this.
Currently I'm going through chemotherapy with 6 sessions of 150ml docetaxel every 3 weeks. I have one more to go yea.
With this is also zoladex 10.8mg implant which I'll be on for another 9-12 months. (lots of side effects).
The psa levels are going down, so the chemo is doing its job. I have asked for a scan at the end of the chemo for a base line.
I am surprised at how much the chemo takes out of you. With days being unable to walk more than 10m and sleeping 18-23 hrs a day.
But I get a couple of good days between the sessions and I can get out into the bush for a quite day, and I say any day out of bed/house is a good day.

So every male on this forum over 35 should go to their doctor and get a psa test (check for prostate cancer), which is a simple blood test.

Cheers
Mark

Agree 100% on the blood test advise. My father suffered prostate cancer at 70. Seen the effect it has had on his life since. I have 5 brothers and we all have blood tests regularly.
2016 Dmax LSU, Obsidian grey, Flexiglass canopy, Cargo slide, Thumper elite 110a dual battery, Catch can, Ironman 50mm lift, Ironman bullbar and rear bar, Uniden UHF, Stedi 22" lightbar, 16x8 black rims, 265x75x16 Toyo AT2, Hema HX1, Brown Davis LRT, EDS, Redarc tow pro.

Offline yvesjv

« Reply #17 on: Mar 29, 2020, 11:57:25 AM »
My 67' val I travelled around aus in.

I think the back seat of that valiant has stories to tell  :evil6:

Offline mux339

• XRunner Member
« Reply #18 on: Mar 29, 2020, 02:10:15 PM »
Very sound messaging from you guys about prostate cancer. Thanks for the push. :icon_salut:

Love the Valiant. It looks straight and used, albeit with a small dent or three. A good dooer-upper for somebody. Was it a 225 cu in? Auto or manual? Did they still have the push button autos in this model?

I love the old-world practicality of steel bumper bars. It's the main reason I bought an OEM steel bull bar for the MUX. I wasn't happy with a plastic bumper bar and wanted some steel up front.
2016 MY15 MU-X LST 4x4 Auto | OEM steel bullbar | OEM snorkel | HR tow bar

Offline mewgaf

• LS-T Member
  • If I wake up, it’s a good day.
    • Prostate Trek Inc.
« Reply #19 on: Mar 29, 2020, 04:41:58 PM »
Yes it was a 225 slant 6.
I sold it to a person who is going to do it up.
I had the pleasure of driving her not so long ago on his property, brought back lots of memories and started on first turn over. This when I took this photo.
I took the original 67 plates of her and put them on the mux, so I have steel number plates. Not to mention I don't have to remember a new set rego plate numbers.
Have you had a PSA blood test lately.
This could save your life.
Prostate Cancer is no joke.
https://prostatetrek.org.au

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal