Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: OzIsuzu Forums... your friendly :hello: place to chat about all things Isuzu.

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: What Fridge to get?  (Read 27495 times)

Offline fmflex

• SX Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
Re: What Fridge to get?
« Reply #75 on: Dec 25, 2019, 01:34:39 PM »
Just bought a Bushman fridge with the extra extensions so far impressed with it and made local in Victoria
Will see how it goes in the long term
I'm keen to hear how you go with yours as I've got my eye on one as well.  Years ago in a 4x4 mag there was a fridge comparisons where the bushland had the lowest current draw overall out of all the fridges reviewed.

Offline granite62

• SX Member
« Reply #76 on: Dec 25, 2019, 06:24:05 PM »
Just bought a Bushman fridge with the extra extensions so far impressed with it and made local in Victoria
I'm keen to hear how you go with yours as I've got my eye on one as well.  Years ago in a 4x4 mag there was a fridge comparisons where the bushland had the lowest current draw overall out of all the fridges reviewed.
Have had a Bushman fridge for over ten years. Cracker of a fridge. No real worries, good on the deep cycle battery. Ability to alter the capacity can be handy. Don’t reckon you’ll be disappointed. Cheers

Online Bob

• XRunner Member
  • 2014 LST Auto
« Reply #77 on: Dec 25, 2019, 07:35:51 PM »
My 40L Engel has dies and I am trying to fix it myself along with a very helpful guy from SA.

If it still does not work I am seriously looking at the Brass Monkey 60L from Jaycar at $499.

Engel has lasted for 10 years so if I get 5 years from the Brass Monkey I will be happy.
2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.

Offline xcvator

« Reply #78 on: Dec 25, 2019, 10:23:08 PM »

I'll 2nd that, had 1 for 6 years, works great, doubles as a freezer in the house too   :cup:
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

Offline ranmar850

« Reply #79 on: Jan 27, 2020, 10:17:24 PM »
10 years from a CF 80 Waeco so far. I did have one problem, kept getting an error. Turned out to be an intermittently faulty fan. Total cost of fix was under $100 including labour. If you need it as a full zone freezer, just pull out the removable divider and turn it right down.
I built a couple of fridges and freezers for camping/boating. First one was a 130 litre freezer, with fan blower, Dometic components. I always build with fibreglass and foam insulation. Still running strong after about 8 years, does a lot of full time duty as a backup at home. The latest was a boat fridge. Danfoss compressor with a 3/4 radius coldplate, 50 litre capacity. My biggest problem is NOT having it freeze, you need to run it at the warmest setting.  The electrics are mounted high, in an alloy housing, so you can hose around it. And it has a drain plug, something every fridge should have. :-)  This isn't a cheap way to build a fridge, but nothing will rust, and I have a tailor made split lid so I can access one end without having to slide it out from under the seat frame it sits in.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal