Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Our OzIsuzu Forums Merchandise  help keep our forum going! :icon_thumleft:

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Forum is very slow lately, sometimes time out.  (Read 7051 times)

Offline Bob

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
  • 2014 LST Auto
Forum is very slow lately, sometimes time out.
« on: Oct 20, 2019, 05:41:18 PM »
Has anyone else noticed this or is it something to do with daylight savings.  :laughing7:

Tried to post something the other day and ended up cancelling it because it just was not getting submitted.

2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.

Offline yvesjv

Re: Forum is very slow lately, sometimes time out.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2019, 05:40:07 AM »
Hi Bob,

Yes, did notice a bit of delay when reading latest posts during last couple of days.
But did not take much notice of it as we also have NBN frequent outages in Darwin  :BangHead:
No delay this morning though  :cup:

Offline mux339

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: MUX
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2020, 01:45:02 PM »
Hi Danny,

Thought I'd post on this older topic on the same current issue. The issue has been around for about six months. I just didn't bother to post on it because others had.

My observations from my end are:
- I have a very fast iiNet nbn connection that is very efficient delivering all websites except OzIsuzu...sporadically.
- I use Google Chrome and Firefox mainly, and occasionally Edge. The issue is common to all browsers.
- I use a fast Windows laptop, a fast Samsung tablet, and an older iPhone 5S to browse our forum. All devices experience the same lag issue.
- It is hit and miss at times, as others have described.
- I rarely get a time-out these days, but have had them occasionally over the last six months.
- Of all the internet work I do, OzIsuzu Forums is the slowest website to respond. Sometimes there are no delays, other times the response delay can be a second or two. Just occasionally, the response delay can be measured in several seconds - say between 4 and 15 seconds. As I said above, I'm not getting time-outs more recently, but back in the Oct 19-Jan 20 period time-outs were more prevalent.
- At the time I put it down to the dramatic increases we experienced in non-registered online users (up from 125 max to 864 max daily)
- I do not experience any sort of delay with any other website that I use.
- I have not experienced any issues with uploading photos or documents. This all seems to work well.

I do not believe the issue has only just cropped up. It's been around for a while, but I have not experienced it in the last day or two. I'll let you know when it returns.

I can't comment in any way, other than to provide my observations, on technical issues because I am an IT numpty.

Cheers
Russ
2016 MY15 MU-X LST 4x4 Auto | OEM steel bullbar | OEM snorkel | HR tow bar

Offline DannyG

• Administrator
  • XRunner Member
    • DannyG.com
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2020, 02:53:15 PM »
Hi Danny,

Thought I'd post on this older topic on the same current issue. The issue has been around for about six months. I just didn't bother to post on it because others had.

My observations from my end are:
- I have a very fast iiNet nbn connection that is very efficient delivering all websites except OzIsuzu...sporadically.
- I use Google Chrome and Firefox mainly, and occasionally Edge. The issue is common to all browsers.
- I use a fast Windows laptop, a fast Samsung tablet, and an older iPhone 5S to browse our forum. All devices experience the same lag issue.
- It is hit and miss at times, as others have described.
- I rarely get a time-out these days, but have had them occasionally over the last six months.
- Of all the internet work I do, OzIsuzu Forums is the slowest website to respond. Sometimes there are no delays, other times the response delay can be a second or two. Just occasionally, the response delay can be measured in several seconds - say between 4 and 15 seconds. As I said above, I'm not getting time-outs more recently, but back in the Oct 19-Jan 20 period time-outs were more prevalent.
- At the time I put it down to the dramatic increases we experienced in non-registered online users (up from 125 max to 864 max daily)
- I do not experience any sort of delay with any other website that I use.
- I have not experienced any issues with uploading photos or documents. This all seems to work well.

I do not believe the issue has only just cropped up. It's been around for a while, but I have not experienced it in the last day or two. I'll let you know when it returns.

I can't comment in any way, other than to provide my observations, on technical issues because I am an IT numpty.

Cheers
Russ

Ok thanks Russ.

I may us on a dedicated server for a little while and see if it is in fact the server we are on.

Perhaps the worldwide internet issues that are happening at the moment are compounding an issue that we have always had and it is now really starting to show up?
"People will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"

Offline Bob

• XRunner Member
  • 2014 LST Auto
« Reply #4 on: Apr 23, 2020, 12:04:34 PM »
It has been slow over the last week and this morning was actually timing out.  :dontknow:
2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.

Offline DannyG

• Administrator
  • XRunner Member
    • DannyG.com
« Reply #5 on: Apr 23, 2020, 12:05:45 PM »
It has been slow over the last week and this morning was actually timing out.  :dontknow:

Bugger I was hoping things had improved lately!!
"People will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"

Offline mux339

• XRunner Member
« Reply #6 on: Apr 23, 2020, 02:13:30 PM »
No, it hasn't improved to any notable extent. Still persistently laggy at my end, as I've described previously.

Offline Bob

• XRunner Member
  • 2014 LST Auto
« Reply #7 on: Apr 23, 2020, 02:16:27 PM »
Just came back here after being away for 3 hours and it was very fast.  :occasion14:

Hmm, took around 30 seconds to post the above reply  :dontknow:

Offline Manno MUX

• LS-T Member
« Reply #8 on: Apr 23, 2020, 08:06:46 PM »

Bugger I was hoping things had improved lately!!

I took a break (from the forum) when it was all going pear shaped.

Response times have been fine all week.

Offline geoffs

• LS-U Member
  • 2016 DMAX LS-M
« Reply #9 on: Apr 23, 2020, 08:44:54 PM »
I've had no problems for at least 2 weeks. Before that couldnt even get the Home page to load.

Online JS

• LS-T Member
« Reply #10 on: Apr 24, 2020, 09:05:06 AM »
Seems quick enough this morning. Got a little bit slower in the last couple of days, but generally going well for a couple of weeks.
2015 LST Auto, Drifta Drawers, Isuzu steel Bullbar,
Ironman Pro foam shocks, King springs, 30mm lift, Flexiglass canopy, Nilrust spray underbody and in tray

Online JS

• LS-T Member
« Reply #11 on: Apr 27, 2020, 08:41:42 AM »
Has been running smoothly and quickly. No complaints from me.

Cheers
Jim
2015 LST Auto, Drifta Drawers, Isuzu steel Bullbar,
Ironman Pro foam shocks, King springs, 30mm lift, Flexiglass canopy, Nilrust spray underbody and in tray

Offline mux339

• XRunner Member
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2020, 11:15:33 AM »
Hi Danny,

The forum is speedy today...little to no lag at all. Certainly improved over the last couple of weeks.

Cheers
Russ

Offline Bob

• XRunner Member
  • 2014 LST Auto
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2020, 12:15:44 PM »
Would the bad time be during school holidays?

Offline watsea

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2020, 03:11:50 PM »
Would the bad time be during school holidays?

Yep, all those school kids checking up info for their fourbies. :icon_smile:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal