Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Our OzIsuzu Forums Merchandise  help keep our forum going! :icon_thumleft:

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: OK Has anyone else experience this little gem?  (Read 4884 times)

Offline VALKIE

OK Has anyone else experience this little gem?
« on: Jun 24, 2019, 08:38:28 AM »
Here I was, parked my MUX is the car park at the local shopping centre.

As I came back to my car, a rather angry looking woman was waiting for me.
My first thought, "She has damaged my car"

As I unlocked my car she approached me, and the bemusing conversation began.

"Your car damaged my door" I am ommitting the explentives in the name of good taste.

'Errr, How did my car damage your car when your car was not there when I parked?"

"Your stupid steps dented my door when I opened my door, look you can see the dent in the edge of the door"

I examined the door, yes there was definitly a good dent i the door, it would have taken a considerable force to do the damage done. Examining my step, there was a smallish dent in it, but my door was undamaged.

She continued, "You should pay for the damage to my door, those steps are dangerious"

"Im sorry lady, But you have opened your door with some force onto my car, had the steps not been there, You would have damaged my door, and I doubt that you would have even considered the damage as you walked away. I think my steps have been most effective in preventing said damage to my door from inconsiderate people opening their doors with great force and damaging my nice new car"

"I have your rego number and Im going to report it to the police, these steps are damaging peoples cars and should be banned"

Now I was getting a little miffed.
"Dear lady, I will give you my business card, please take it to the local police and explain to them as you have explained to me how you opening your door without consideration of another persons property has resulted in you damaging your own door and how you want me charged for owning a perfectly legal addition to my vehicle. Then, as they laugh you out of the police station, please consider all the people whoes cars you have obviously damaged with your careless attitude."

The explentives went on as I packed my groceries, and drove off.

I will be avoiding that particulaar area for some time, as I dont trust her not to exact some form of twisted revenge.

Am I the first to be attacked over my stationary car damaging someone elses vehicle?
LS-M MUX
September 2018 build
Bull bar, GVM Upgrade, Air bags, tranny cooler, catch can, driving lights, running boards, long range tank, tow equipped, rear seats removed and fridge slide fitted, throttle controller, UHF radio, roof racks, awning, dash mat, floor mats and still going.

Offline tom60

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: MUX
Re: OK Has anyone else experience this little gem?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2019, 11:11:10 AM »
They live amongst us!

Offline Mat01

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2019, 12:10:55 PM »
Wasn’t one of the local Logan city crack heads was it , she will be looking for revenge . Matt

Offline yvesjv

« Reply #3 on: Jun 24, 2019, 12:50:03 PM »
What's with Logan Qld towards crack heads?

Offline Richard Puller

• LS-U Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
« Reply #4 on: Jun 24, 2019, 01:07:21 PM »
That hasn't happened to me, but if it did I'd get her details and threaten to make an insurance claim naming her as the at fault party, in which case your excess would be refunded.   :laughing7:

On a related note, I bent  both steps on my D Max driving through rough terrain and was able to straighten them out fairly well.  I took them off completely and dismantled them. The silver /grey bit along the outside which I presume is your damaged bit slides out of the extrusion and I was able to press it back into reasonable shape.   
I doubt if that piece would be available as a spare without buying the whole step (or both).

Something close to your incident  happened once in a shopping centre car park. I was carefully opening my door and a gust of wind caught it and slammed it into the door of the car next to me, an old Camry with a large Maori lady sitting in it. I did have concerns for my safety. She was a big girl.
I apologised most profusely and before I could say anything else she laughed and said "don't worry about it, it happens all the time".

Offline xsm

« Reply #5 on: Jun 24, 2019, 01:42:15 PM »
I avoid parking next to other vehicles, but if it's unavoidable I will actually look for a space that has a low clearance style of car parked next to it for the very reason that their door will hit my step rather than the bodywork. I also line the external mirror up with their car so that if their door opens onto my car it will hit the mirror rather than the bodywork. For this reason I don't fold the mirrors in. Not one ding in my 4 year old MU-X yet.

Valkie, it seems you remained quite calm in this incident. I think that I would have gone off my head at this imbecile.

Cheers
Martin.

Offline VALKIE

« Reply #6 on: Jun 24, 2019, 02:40:28 PM »
That hasn't happened to me, but if it did I'd get her details and threaten to make an insurance claim naming her as the at fault party, in which case your excess would be refunded.   :laughing7:

On a related note, I bent  both steps on my D Max driving through rough terrain and was able to straighten them out fairly well.  I took them off completely and dismantled them. The silver /grey bit along the outside which I presume is your damaged bit slides out of the extrusion and I was able to press it back into reasonable shape.   
I doubt if that piece would be available as a spare without buying the whole step (or both).

Something close to your incident  happened once in a shopping centre car park. I was carefully opening my door and a gust of wind caught it and slammed it into the door of the car next to me, an old Camry with a large Maori lady sitting in it. I did have concerns for my safety. She was a big girl.
I apologised most profusely and before I could say anything else she laughed and said "don't worry about it, it happens all the time".
The ding is very small in my step, less than 1/8 inch of damage, I figure it will get worse in the years to come, so no biggie.
The door however would have been much worse without the step I imagine.
I'm a fairly big guy and I'm told I don't intimidate easily.
Must be the 18 years I was fighting competitively in Martial arts, I just don't get worried.
LS-M MUX
September 2018 build
Bull bar, GVM Upgrade, Air bags, tranny cooler, catch can, driving lights, running boards, long range tank, tow equipped, rear seats removed and fridge slide fitted, throttle controller, UHF radio, roof racks, awning, dash mat, floor mats and still going.

Offline VALKIE

« Reply #7 on: Jun 24, 2019, 03:06:54 PM »
I avoid parking next to other vehicles, but if it's unavoidable I will actually look for a space that has a low clearance style of car parked next to it for the very reason that their door will hit my step rather than the bodywork. I also line the external mirror up with their car so that if their door opens onto my car it will hit the mirror rather than the bodywork. For this reason I don't fold the mirrors in. Not one ding in my 4 year old MU-X yet.

Valkie, it seems you remained quite calm in this incident. I think that I would have gone off my head at this imbecile.

Cheers
Martin.

After many years, I'm an old guy, I have found that the best way to escalate a small issue into a big one you regret is to get angry.
The more angry you get, the more you are going to regret it.

State you point, don't threaten, be polite (regardless of how abusive they are) and generally most people calm down, its really hard to get angry when someone is being polite to you.
If all else fails back away slowly as you would from any dangerous wild animal.

Most people get angry because they are either afraid or on something.
The fear could be monetary or physical, but fear is fear.
I like people, most are fun, even if they don't know it.
This woman was not unduely threatening, I was more worried for my car.

I must relate a story from way back when I had my bike.
I owned a Honda Valkyrie (hence my name) loved that bike.

Anyhoo, one day I came out of the shopping centre and a couple of blokes were standing around my bike.
One was sitting on t making brummm brumm noises.

I asked him to get off my bike as it was rather expensive, weighed 350kg and was all nice and polished.
I was polite and friendly.
He and his mates were not so.
He got off the bike and pushed me, bad move. My helmet took him out quite quickly.
but his mates came for me.
Then the unmarkes police car sounded the Bleet and the pretty lights came on.
Two detective got out and arrested the guys
Apparently they had been watching them and waiting for the owner of the bike to come out to find out if they knew him.
I didnt, and they attacked me in front of witnesses, the police.
Their bad. I thanked them and we went our respective ways.

Just goes to show, sometimes luck is on your side.

LS-M MUX
September 2018 build

Offline sdouglas

• XRunner Member
  • 2016 MUX LS U . TJM bar, HR towbar, TOYO AT2’s
« Reply #8 on: Jun 24, 2019, 03:59:57 PM »
Valkie, you are obviously a very inconsiderate and nasty man for not taking responsibility for what someone else did to their car. How can you expect the lady to be worried about other people’s vehicles when clearly she is a very busy.
I would love to here the complaint being taken at the local police station.
Unfortunately, some “special” human beings simply cannot take responsibility for their actions no matter how wrong they are. And why do some think it’s ok to sit on motorbikes that don’t belong to them? Ahhhhhh. Does my head in.
Don’t worry about things you can’t change!

Offline VALKIE

« Reply #9 on: Jun 24, 2019, 05:33:53 PM »
Valkie, you are obviously a very inconsiderate and nasty man for not taking responsibility for what someone else did to their car. How can you expect the lady to be worried about other people’s vehicles when clearly she is a very busy.
I would love to here the complaint being taken at the local police station.
Unfortunately, some “special” human beings simply cannot take responsibility for their actions no matter how wrong they are. And why do some think it’s ok to sit on motorbikes that don’t belong to them? Ahhhhhh. Does my head in.

Fortunately, the inconsiderate people are not as common as they could be.

I have had far more considerate and good experiences than bad.
There are many many good people out there,, and you need them daily
But you tend to remember the bad ones because they stand out.

I'm a solid believer in karma
I try to do good at every opportunity, be living that this good will add to my karma count.
A ask not for reward for helping others and I willingly give help as and when needed.

This seems to have worked a lot, as there have been times in my life when, at the most needed time, things have gone my way.

I try to be nice, but I'm no saint.
And sometimes I loose it.
But my aim is to help and be nice.
LS-M MUX
September 2018 build

The following users thanked this post: sdouglas

Offline shamus

• LS-M Member
« Reply #10 on: Jun 24, 2019, 09:52:18 PM »
You should see my missus car, she works for bunnings.enough said.

Offline VALKIE

« Reply #11 on: Jun 25, 2019, 05:57:11 PM »
You should see my missus car, she works for bunnings.enough said.

I'll bet it looks like it's been through a crash up derby.

I have seen some pretty nasty dings put in cars, those trolleys steer like a ......I don't know what.

I saw one guy put a sheet of wood through a window one day and was going to walk off.

Before I could say anything, one of the Bunning guys stopped him and had a chat.
The guy left his rego and a phone number.
The Bunning guy checked the rego as he drove off.

Bunnings car parks........a panel beaters prayers come true.
LS-M MUX
September 2018 build

Offline billz0r

• LS-M Member
« Reply #12 on: Jun 25, 2019, 07:08:15 PM »
I can't believe the hide of people Valkie. I assume you never heard more.

Our MU-X at at the smash repairs atm (wife's fault, different story) so I asked them for a quote for some paintless dent removal whilst it's there. I only knew of 2 dents (I did 1, one of the kids did the other, both from my other car next to it in the garage) and they found 6 altogether. People just don't care. I'm always reminding my kids at car parks, careful on your doors.

Offline VALKIE

« Reply #13 on: Jun 26, 2019, 07:19:22 PM »
I can't believe the hide of people Valkie. I assume you never heard more.

Our MU-X at at the smash repairs atm (wife's fault, different story) so I asked them for a quote for some paintless dent removal whilst it's there. I only knew of 2 dents (I did 1, one of the kids did the other, both from my other car next to it in the garage) and they found 6 altogether. People just don't care. I'm always reminding my kids at car parks, careful on your doors.

Nah
Never enquired further.
But the wife has had so many dings at shopping centres that it's not funny.

My daughter's car, a Yaris, has been dented many many times
Front bumpers, back bumpers, doors and even the bonnet ( looks like someone sat on it)

She parks in the shopping car park wherecshecworks all day, and people just seem to use it as a target.
Being black probably don't help much either.
She now no longer cares, just shrugs her shoulders and says, oh well, another one.

It's not fair how some people care nothing for others property.
LS-M MUX
September 2018 build

Offline billz0r

• LS-M Member
« Reply #14 on: Jun 27, 2019, 09:40:53 AM »
Being black probably don't help much either.
She now no longer cares, just shrugs her shoulders and says, oh well, another one.

That's terrible. It's so wrong people treat others property just because the colour of their skin and we're now a society where we accept damage of our property as it's so common. Sadly we do though.
I had a guy open his door on my company car (Kia Cerato) a few months ago. I got up him he's like "Oh did I, sorry but it's just a car and wasn't that hard". It may be and it's not even my car but geez, respect other people property.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal