Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: OzIsuzu Forums... your friendly :hello: place to chat about all things Isuzu.

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: New Competition Arrives - Ford Everest  (Read 6191 times)

Offline Parko96

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: MUX
New Competition Arrives - Ford Everest
« on: Jun 16, 2015, 06:04:06 PM »
Light Reading on the new Everest.

http://carsales.mobi/editorial/details/ED-ITM-51857

Comments anyone?

And let's not started on the little cocky upstart of a woman that Ford have on all their adds.

Offline BMux

• XRunner Member
Re: New Competition Arrives - Ford Everest
« Reply #1 on: Jun 16, 2015, 06:18:53 PM »
Hefty price tag to pay for a First On Rubbish Dump vehicle  :tongue1: ... guess the "Everest" name matches the price ...

"The upcoming Ford Everest will reside at the pinnacle of its segment on price, with the new model coming in dearer than Toyota's Prado, Holden's Colorado 7 and Isuzu's MU-X.

The car maker's Australian division has confirmed the Ranger-based SUV will start at $54,990 (plus on-road costs) when it goes on sale in October, with the three-model line-up moving as high as $76,990 (plus on-road costs)."

The power, torque and 6 speed gearbox are nice though ...

Power: 143kW at 3000rpm
Torque: 470Nm at 1750rpm
Transmission: Six-speed automatic; 4WD
Fuel use: 8.5L/100km

Same towing at the MU-X, but the ground clearance is slightly lower than the MU-X:

"It boasts a three-tonne braked towing capacity and minimum 225mm ground clearance."

Still, it's a Ford, so I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot barge pole.
MU-X LS-T MY15 | Bonnet Protector | Isuzu Snorkel | Isuzu Tow Bar | ARB Deluxe Combo Bar | Geolander A/T G015 255/65R17 | "Be the change you want to see."

Offline glpeck

• SX Member
« Reply #2 on: Jun 16, 2015, 08:07:32 PM »
I'd say it's probably going to be a very competent vehicle, but I don't think that Ford have quite targeted their market with those price brackets. It seems to be somewhere "in-between" the MU-X / Colorado 7 and Land Rover Discovery / Top-end Prado camps.

Here's my prediction: There will be a slow uptake of the Everest (due to the pricing). Therefore, by the time it becomes proven (and perhaps even desirable?), the competitors in the segment, with new offerings, will have grabbed or maintained enough market share to keep Ford struggling to sell it.

It may take some sales from the Prados, but Ford will have to hope their Aussie dealerships and service centres are able to support the Everest properly or it just won't work.

And I could be completely wrong!

Offline PJ

• SX Member
« Reply #3 on: Jun 16, 2015, 08:56:50 PM »
I was weighing up whether to wait for the release of the Everest or jump in and buy my MU-X.....the secrecy around the release of the Everest was really frustrating with limited detail on the release date and even less detail on the pricing.....my current lease expires 29 jun so i needed to commit to a vehicle and Ford couldn't give me any information on the Everest........so guess what, the MU-X arrives this week :) 

Offline archviper

• LS-M Member
« Reply #4 on: Jun 16, 2015, 09:46:29 PM »
...but then again its the same story when they 1st brought out the Territory in 2004 and the current Ranger.  Ford jacked up the price then the market dictated otherwise - so they had to lower it down after a year (specially for company fleets).  For sure this will be the same story specially once Toyota releases its Fortuner.  Maybe (just maybe) Ford will decide to align Everest against the Fortuner/MUX and others, and import the Explorer/Expedition against the Land Cruisers....

Offline TCMTB

• LS-M Member
« Reply #5 on: Jun 16, 2015, 10:28:38 PM »
Interesting, pretty much spot on same pricing as a Prado and article was pretty much a direct comparison. Don't really see it as competition for an MU-X, over 12k price difference on base model (for a few bells and whistles that don't appeal for me for the extra cash). Only the new Forturner will be a direct comparison I expect and closer matched in price.
I still expect the Everest will sell well as will be marketed heavily and has the 'extras' that people 'need'  :icon_smile:

Offline vanaxe

• SX Member

Offline rhynoceros

• LS-T Member
« Reply #7 on: Jun 17, 2015, 07:25:21 AM »
More high strung small diesel engines to meet euro6, be glad you got your dmax/mux before isuzu follow suit prior to the 2016 mandate.
2014 MU-X LST | Snorkel | Towbar | HPD Catch Can | Bridgestone D697LT 265/70R16

Offline BMux

• XRunner Member
« Reply #8 on: Jun 17, 2015, 09:08:46 AM »
I still expect the Everest will sell well as will be marketed heavily and has the 'extras' that people 'need'

Haha yes.

I think there's enough wealthy people in the inner suburbs of the cities that "must have" all these features in their latest Toorak tractor.
MU-X LS-T MY15 | Bonnet Protector | Isuzu Snorkel | Isuzu Tow Bar | ARB Deluxe Combo Bar | Geolander A/T G015 255/65R17 | "Be the change you want to see."

Offline wintrmute

• LS-T Member
  • MU-X LS-U
« Reply #9 on: Jun 17, 2015, 05:12:25 PM »
Ford jacked up the price then the market dictated otherwise - so they had to lower it down after a year.  For sure this will be the same story specially once Toyota releases its Fortuner.

I reckon you're correct. Then again, it's not an unusual marketing tactic to launch a product with a high price but immediately drop it down in "sales" so that consumers think they're getting a bargain. But I also think the Everest sounds overpriced for what it is. But with the Territory disappearing soon, people will be looking for big 7-seaters to move their millions of children around; and I reckon the Fortuner and Everest will probably handle better on-road than the MU-X, even if they're not as good off-road.

Speaking of pricing.. Isuzu do it too.. Do you know anyone who has ever paid full price? (eg. $53k for a LS-T before options) I'm sure there's been a "sale" on every month of the year.

2015 Mu-x LS-U Fjord blue; Geolander A/T-S; GME CB; Roof tray

Offline BMux

• XRunner Member
« Reply #10 on: Jun 18, 2015, 10:45:05 AM »
Just posting this as a test:

The base model Everest gets as standard: 17-inch wheels, automatic headlights, cloth trim, air-conditioning, 4.2-inch colour screen, Bluetooth, reversing camera, rear parking sensors and keyless entry.

The middle-tier Everest Trend starts at $60,990 and adds: 18-inch wheels, power tailgate, automatic highbeam, daytime running lights, dual-zone climate control, leather steering wheel, auto-dimming rear view mirror, rain-sensing wipers, 10-speaker stereo with digital radio and subwoofer, 8.0-inch colour screen, front parking sensors, lane keeping system, blind spot monitoring and parallel park assist.

Sitting atop the range is the $76,990 Everest Titanium, which brings 20-inch wheels, LED daytime running lights, panoramic sunroof, eight-way adjustable power front seats, leather trim, sat-nav and tyre pressure monitoring system.

18 inch and 20 inch wheels? Would love to see how it performs in the sand  ;D

Offline dogsbreakfast

• LS-T Member
« Reply #11 on: Jun 18, 2015, 05:49:05 PM »
This was from december last year in thailand. Pretty underwhelming looked like a big toyota kluger although a bit muxy from the rear...
2014 MU-X Fjord blue, TJM T13 bullbar, Runva Winch, 20" lightbar, Custom Bilstein shocks with Dobinson Springs, Hankook 265/70 r17.

Offline dogsbreakfast

• LS-T Member
« Reply #12 on: Jun 18, 2015, 05:50:17 PM »
From the side
2014 MU-X Fjord blue, TJM T13 bullbar, Runva Winch, 20" lightbar, Custom Bilstein shocks with Dobinson Springs, Hankook 265/70 r17.

Offline archviper

• LS-M Member
New Competition Arrives - Ford Everest
« Reply #13 on: Jul 16, 2015, 09:46:49 PM »
Yup the rivals are definitely on their way.... 1st the Everest, then now the Fortuner and the new Challenger being revealed..... Let the bragging rights begin... Hehe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline LuciferDarklord

• LS-U Member
« Reply #14 on: Jul 17, 2015, 12:02:24 AM »
Wayyyy overpriced, once the pricing was revealed I immediately struck it off the list.
2015 MU-X LS-T Silver

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal