General Boards > Off Topic

Companion Fridge or ?

(1/3) > >>

UrbanJungle1966:
Howdie.

Last camping trip the cooling situation just didn't cut it. We normally take the Engle and 2 x 60 litre eskies.  Engle is used to freeze water bottles for the eskies plus the normal frozen stuff.

Anyway the Engle had a horror, mainly my fault as didn't plug the solar panel in, but pretty sure reading stuff on this forum its the smart alternator. Thought I would be right as I have a redarc dc charger but no.

Anyway I need another fridge which will live in the camper trailer and I want it to sit inside a certain spot so dimensions especially height are a factor. The space is 500mm H x 820mm W x 580mm D

https://www.tentworld.com.au/buy-sale/companion-mammoth-72l-flexi-zone-fridge-freezer-inc-cover

Seems perfect. I was set on the Waeko or even the Engle as it is a forever fridge of a similar size but ouch the cost. Thats a lift kit.

Has anyone heard anything on the Companion fridges?

Manno MUX:
I can’t comment on the Companion except to say they’ve been around for years so must be okay.

If you’re ready to buy now, Anaconda have a fridge sale on at the moment.
I picked up a Waeco CFX95 on the weekend for $1,399 ($200 cheaper than best on-line price I’d found)

sdouglas:
Could try the “Get a Waeco” site. They have genuine specials direct from  Dometic. I won’t buy another one as I’ve had to replace the Thermister in my 31 litre unit at $250 but my Engel 60 litre is over twenty years old, bashed around and had next to nothing spent on it. Still going strong.And use it all the time for extended periods. Service agents always have repaired ones sometimes at reasonable prices too. 
Can’t comment on Companion as haven’t owned one.
Cheers Shane

UrbanJungle1966:
The 75litre Waeco was my first choice. Its just a bit wide and is cutting into space for more stuff. The 60 is too high. Its a dumb space.

The Engle MT60FP fits pretty good but 60 litres and the price is high but it is completely repairable and we've had ours for 18yrs and still gong strong.

Companion is almost a perfect fit but am I feeling lucky. I know I feel poor a lot :)

Sigh choices.

Harry H.:
As a cheap and cheerful alternative, consider the Aldi 40L fridge/freezer at $500. It measures 714x350x430. It has the 'SECOP' compressor, so it'll operate at a 30 degree tilt like the others.

Mine is fine - no issues, but it's only new.  It's now marketed by Aldi under the name 'Adventuridge'.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version