Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Our OzIsuzu Forums Merchandise  help keep our forum going! :icon_thumleft:

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Happy Birthday as OzIsuzu Forums ticked over 5k Membership!  (Read 3122 times)

Offline BinaryMan

• Administrator
  • XRunner Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
  • binaryman@ozisuzu.com.au
OzIsuzu Forums quietly ticked over 5,000+ members on its Birthday (yesterday)!   :occasion13: :bom: 

Not that we are counting  ;D but it does put a smile on my face when I looked back not so long ago and we were marking our 500th member ( https://www.ozisuzu.com.au/index.php/topic,347.msg6018.html#msg6018 ).

Of course, the Forum is nothing without the engagement and contribution of the membership.  OzIsuzu Forums now holds a vast collection of technical information, knowledge and know-how of our favoured brand and model of 4WD.

Looking at the stats,  the Mux mob has steadily grown to be a real talkative bunch  :laughing7:

On behalf of the crew, we thank you for your technical contributions, experienced advice/opinions, understanding and of course the friendly banter that gives a chuckle and laughter at times when you least expected it.

Cheers all around!  :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:

the OzIsuzu Forum Team
W www.ozisuzu.com.au

Carpe Diem... Memento mori!

Offline mux339

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: MUX
Re: OzIsuzu Forums ticked over 5k Membership!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2018, 04:47:14 PM »
Hay Statsman,

Just wondering how many of that 5,000 are still alive and kicking, have all cranial functions still intact, still read posts (without falling asleep), occasionally write posts (employing sentences, punctuation and spelling), contribute to levity, still own an Isuzu D-Max or MU-X, and haven't been sacked by Danny?

It don't matter...it's been a pleasant journey.  :icon_salut: :icon_salut: :icon_salut:
2016 MY15 MU-X LST 4x4 Auto | OEM steel bullbar | OEM snorkel | HR tow bar

Offline Wfc100

« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2018, 05:16:48 PM »
It was the Ozisuzu sticker on the back of my Dmax that obviously did the trick.
2017 Dmax single cab ute. Ironman Roo Bar, Roadsafe Recovery Points, Uniden UHF , Intervolt Dual Battery Isolator, Optima  yellowtop D35, Stedi 28 inch lightbar, LRA long range tank, Safari Snorkel.Pedders GVM upgrade, Bushskinz bash plates.

Offline Manno MUX

• LS-T Member
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2018, 06:17:37 PM »
It was the Ozisuzu sticker on the back of my Dmax that obviously did the trick.

DannyG
On the subject of stickers, will the Merchandise page be back up again anytime soon?   (Or is it a stock shortage issue ?)

No rush as yet, but I’d like to be able to “fly the flag” (along with some others from this site) at the BRB next year.

Offline Harry H.

• LS-U Member
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2018, 06:47:22 PM »
Hay Statsman,

Just wondering how many of that 5,000 are still alive and kicking, have all cranial functions still intact, still read posts (without falling asleep), occasionally write posts (employing sentences, punctuation and spelling), contribute to levity, still own an Isuzu D-Max or MU-X, and haven't been sacked by Danny?

It don't matter...it's been a pleasant journey.  :icon_salut: :icon_salut: :icon_salut:

;D

But true, that...
Cheers,

H.

Offline BinaryMan

• Administrator
  • XRunner Member
  • binaryman@ozisuzu.com.au
« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2018, 08:10:22 PM »

'funny, I seem to tick all the boxes except one!  ;D :laughing7: :occasion14:

On the subject of stickers, will the Merchandise page be back up again anytime soon?   (Or is it a stock shortage issue ?)

No rush as yet, but I’d like to be able to “fly the flag” (along with some others from this site) at the BRB next year.

Good on ya Manno MUX  :icon_thumleft:
Your support is very much appreciated.  As the welcome statement states, OzIsuzu Forum is privately run.  Sales from the merchandise goes directly to the costs of maintaining OzIsuzu Forums (domain reg, hostings, etc).

Cheers,
OJ
Carpe Diem... Memento mori!

The following users thanked this post: Manno MUX

Offline Manno MUX

• LS-T Member
« Reply #6 on: Oct 25, 2018, 09:33:10 PM »
Good on ya Manno MUX  :icon_thumleft:
Your support is very much appreciated.  As the welcome statement states, OzIsuzu Forum is privately run.  Sales from the merchandise goes directly to the costs of maintaining OzIsuzu Forums (domain reg, hostings, etc).

Cheers,
OJ

Happy to help out OJ.

I’ve benefited from the knowledgeable member base, shared some of my own (hopefully helpful) thoughts,  gained a few laughs, & already spent many an evening reading through some of the older posts.

My experience to date is that WE are group of likeminded people, happy to share knowledge (with some playful banter occasionally), without the need to point score or deride those of lesser experience/knowledge.
It’s nice to find & be part of a forum that’s both well run (administered), and respected by its member base.
(I’ll put my trumpet & smoke machine away now)

To Admins, Mods, & fellow members;
  :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:  :icon_salut:

The following users thanked this post: mux339

Offline DannyG

• Administrator
  • XRunner Member
    • DannyG.com
« Reply #7 on: Oct 26, 2018, 07:55:56 AM »
Hay Statsman,

:laughing7: Well seeing as you have asked!!

Out of our 5000 members 99% of them are genuine people who have signed up to get info or otherwise as we have a very strict sign up protocol that doesnt allow spammers or bots.

I say 99% because in our early days we may have had a few slip through and I am also sure some of the sign ups are duplicates or sillyness!

As for active members, like all forums you nearly always only have around 1-5% of the member base active on a very regular basis. Which is great, we would be far too busy if there was a higher percentage. The rest are lurkers or simply seeking info and prefer not to post.....dont know how to post.....or have no intention of posting  :dontknow:

We have had 4 mods over the time, 2 of which have left on their own accord due to very different reasons and both know that they are more than welcome back anytime as their personal lives allows because they were both very valued members.
The other two I am not working hard enough obviously as they havent left yet  :laughing7:
No one has ever been sacked from staff YET  :p

We have had some great members/contributors leave us under slightly controversial circumstances but any forum that maintains a high standard will always have that happen.

We like to live by some basic rules of being family friendly, no personal attacks, we like robust conversation and we want our members to feel comfortable being able air their concerns about their vehicle or dealer but we dont like relentless bashing of the product or dealers once you have got your point across.

We dont like to over moderate but from time to time we have had to step in, tidy up threads that have gone a little out of our guidelines and every now and then we have to deal with some fairly unwarranted PM's, most of which we try and let slide but there is the rare occasion we have had to take some more drastic action.
We feel this keeps the place positive and friendly.

What people would not see is the many hours of work that goes on behind the scenes from my two helpers, who are not paid, they do it as a labour of love.

Thats about all the stats I can muster on 4 hours sleep  :sad10:

Finally thank you to the members for making this place what it is and thank you very much to my two staff members (who like to keep a low profile).

Ill do my best to get the merchandise shop up and running again over the weekend.

Heres to the next 5 years and 5000 members  :occasion14:
"People will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"

The following users thanked this post: Manno MUX

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal