General Boards > OzIsuzu Forum Bulletin Board

We are now SSL compliant

<< < (3/3)

yvesjv:

--- Quote from: DannyG on Jul 03, 2018, 10:40:11 AM ---Just on the SSL, I know there are free options out there but in my instance and the way our forum is set up on our server it was better and easier for me to go with a large reputable company so it has future proofed the forum in that regard.

--- End quote ---

Hi,
Who is this large reputable company?
Tried to look at your merchandise site and was immediately prompted with a warning message.
Not too sure who created your certificate...
I'd recommend Quovadis to sign/validate your certs as they have been very helpful to us.
See attached image of the warning including the cert info.

DannyG:

--- Quote from: DannyG on Jul 02, 2018, 12:06:46 PM ---I have disabled the online shop for a while until I get my head around making it work with some new server settings and the new protocol.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: yvesjv on Jul 25, 2018, 07:28:17 AM ---
Hi,
Who is this large reputable company?
Tried to look at your merchandise site and was immediately prompted with a warning message.
Not too sure who created your certificate...
I'd recommend Quovadis to sign/validate your certs as they have been very helpful to us.
See attached image of the warning including the cert info.

--- End quote ---

We are happy with the company we are using for our certificate on the Forum.

Its a long story but the Online shop is a sub domain which I havent validated, hence I took it offline. Although I have left all the URL's to it in place. I am putting it somewhere else where it will be validated but I just havent had time to get it all sorted yet.

But rest assured the forum is secure and certified by a large reputable company and the online shop will be as well when I get time to fix it  :icon_thumleft:

Mike C:
I had no real problems logging on to this site a few weeks ago in Australia but now I'm in Greece Edge and Firefox are refusing to log on to this site.

Edge has blocked the site for a few weeks and Firefox started blocking it today.

Fortunately Firefox allows its blocking to be overridden so I can get on, I trust the site but a lot of people may be scared off by the dire warnings proclaimed as part of the overriding process .

Danny I can only bring this problem to your attention, offering any meaningful  suggestions as to a solution is way out of my league.

DannyG:

--- Quote from: Mike C on Jul 28, 2018, 05:11:33 AM ---I had no real problems logging on to this site a few weeks ago in Australia but now I'm in Greece Edge and Firefox are refusing to log on to this site.

Edge has blocked the site for a few weeks and Firefox started blocking it today.

Fortunately Firefox allows its blocking to be overridden so I can get on, I trust the site but a lot of people may be scared off by the dire warnings proclaimed as part of the overriding process .

Danny I can only bring this problem to your attention, offering any meaningful  suggestions as to a solution is way out of my league.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for that info Ill have to investigate. Its odd that it was getting blocked. Were other forums getting blocked?
Very few of them are SSL compliant yet?

Mike C:
Danny,

You were still blocked  by Firefox and Edge  in Greece this morning. Claimed invalid security certificates.

The other Isuzu forum, the TR Register forum and Just Commodores, other sites that I visit regularly, had no problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version